Junior Graphic Designer
Sunspel makes beautiful everyday clothes that are the foundation of the modern wardrobe. The brand has been hand-crafting garments in the UK for 160 years, building a global reputation for uncompromising quality, timeless design and luxury fabrics. Sunspel believes in making clothes with great care and attention to detail, an attitude that extends to everything the company does, from sourcing raw materials to the people it works with. Sunspel has a strong sense of tradition and uses this as a springboard to shape the future.
As Sunspel’s Junior Graphic Designer you will sit within our Creative team in London and work closely with the Art Director and Creative Director to support the marketing, online and retail teams. You will work closely with the Art Director on a wide range of projects, including but not limited to email marketing, paid advertising, organic social, retail windows, packaging, and seasonal lookbooks. The position requires a confident creative mindset, with an understanding of the luxury fashion market and an exceptional eye for detail.
- Together with the Art Director and Creative Director you must be a diligent brand guardian - ensuring brand visual and design directions are adhered to across all channels.
- Develop creative layouts including layout guides and assets for homepage, landing pages and additional content pages.
- Work with the CRM Manager and Art Director to design automated and seasonal broadcast emails. Supplying all required assets in a timely and ordered manner.
- Work with the Art Director/Graphic Designer and Creative Director to build a deep understanding of the Sunspel brand ethos, history and products. Applying this knowledge to all customer facing channels.
- Upload and maintain content on the Sunspel journal, including updating all existing outdated content to the new visual layout.
- Design and artwork in-store printed creative; lightboxes, signage, postcards etc.
- Collaborate with marketing and external paid digital agency to create best in market assets for digital advertising. Contributing knowledge of industry best practice and innovative ideas on how to drive the brand forward in the digital space.
- Research competitors and best in market design in the digital and retail space. Be confident in presenting your ideas to the wider creative team.
- Design and artwork Sunspel packaging and swing tickets.
- Assist Art Director and Creative Director in developing creative directions for in-house photography shoots.
- Assist the Art Director on adhoc projects.
Experience and Skills:
- Proven experience in a graphic design role. Experience in a similar brand, retailer or agency is preferred.
- A strong portfolio demonstrating the above.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite and Figma.
- Skills in Premier Pro or similar video editing software would be advantageous.
- Proficient in Microsoft office and excel.
- Strong graphic design skills: understanding and experience in typography, layout, colour theory.
- Excellent eye for detail, with the ability to identify and rectify design errors on the website.
- Genuine interest in the fashion and retail industry.
- Proactive, organised and flexible.
- Digital-mobile-first mindset.
- Comfortable in working in a fast-paced environment. Ability to manage multiple projects/tasks, meeting deadlines and work well under pressure.
Other jobs you may be interested in
Closing 27 August 2022
Junior Graphic Designer
Closing 29 August 2022
- White Stuff
Assistant Graphic & Print Designer - Womenswear - Next Sourcing
Closing 8 July 2022
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.