Junior Graphic Designer - Print
Founded in 1970, Urban Outfitters operates more than 200 stores in the United States, Canada, and Europe, all offering an eclectic mix of merchandise. We stock our stores with what we love, calling on our—and our customer's—interest in contemporary art, music, and fashion. From men's & women's apparel and accessories to items for the apartment, we offer a lifestyle-specific shopping experience for the educated, urban-minded individual in the 18 to 30 year-old range—both online and in our stores as well as through our catalog.
The Junior Graphic Designer is responsible for assisting in the creation and execution of the visual identity for the Urban Outfitters brand. This entry-level position requires a team player with a hands-on approach to support the multiple creative projects that occur within the Art Department. These projects include, but are not limited to, illustration, layout, production, presentations, file preparation, implementing systems, and design research. This position offers opportunities for growth and creative development.
- Create weekly signage updates. Prioritize, multi-task, and oversee all aspects of signage execution.
- Design or assist in the design of signage based on current creative direction.
- Plan time and supply level each week to ensure that all signage needs are fulfilled.
- Assist the team with creating packaging that follow the UO brand standards.
- Follow creative direction to design or illustrate new packaging or products.
- Follow and implement existing systems and suggest new opportunities of improvement.
- Create accurate production files to communicate the UO creative vision to vendors.
- Assist team with projects based on their creative direction, adjusting as needed based on feedback. Includes: seasonal display, store operations, product graphics, in-house communications, branding, packaging, etc.
- Strong typography skills
- Strong illustration skills through various mediums and styles
- Willingness to explore and experiment.
- High level of refinement/finish.
- Awareness of current trends relevant to the UO brand.
- Assist Art Director and Designers with all aspects of the various creative projects for the UO brand.
- Detailed file preparation, creating mock-ups, setting up presentations, releasing production files, etc.
- Assist in department maintenance and upkeep of server, supplies and storage areas.
INVOLVEMENT AND MOTIVATION:
- Participate in weekly meetings and critiques of work.
- Openly communicate with Art Director and Designers on projects and concepts for the UO brand.
- Research and gather inspiration for the visual identity of the UO brand as well as for individual projects.
- Fluency in adobe creative suite.
- Must be able to multitask with an awareness for timing and urgency.
- Very strong attention to detail is crucial.
- Excellent communication skills and transparency.
- Ability to problem solve and follow creative direction.
- Positive and professional attitude is expected.
- Animation skills are a plus but not required.
- Being able to work in a team as well as independently.
- Ability to work under pressure and respecting deadlines.
- Familiarity with the brand is not necessary but is a plus.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Graphic Design.
Location: Philadelphia, PA.
Travel: Some travel required.
Senior Color Specialist - Creative Directon
Closing 4 January 2020
Executive Communications Designer (Contract)
Closing 4 January 2020
- San Francisco
Want more Junior Graphic Designer - Print jobs?
Want to find more Art Department Junior jobs, Artworker jobs, Creative Artworker jobs, Branding Designer jobs, Graphic Designer jobs, Art Department Assistant jobs, Packaging Artworker jobs, Print Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.