Junior Digital Designer
All the teams in Ryman, in our stores and in our Retail Support Centre, demonstrate our passion for retail, by putting our customers first and sharing the vision to keep our customers at the heart of everything we do. We deliver results with energy, enthusiasm and passion. We are all resilient, innovative and adaptable team players.
Working in the Ryman design studio you will be responsible for creating compelling and commercial digital and printed marketing assets for campaigns, including but not limited to email campaigns, digital display, social media, website, brochures, leaflets, packaging and point of sale across all marketing channels for the Ryman brand.
Role of Department:
At Ryman the Marketing Department translates the commercial strategy into customer-facing communications, across in store, Ecommerce, Education and Enterprise channels, ensuring that there are clear calls to action to drive sales, ATV and company profitability.
As custodians of the Ryman brand, we are responsible for the visual identity including all in store POS and literature for over 200 stores, ensuring there is a joined up and consistent customer experience across our ecommerce, social, CRM, PR and digital channels as well as any other customer facing communications. As well as supporting the wider TPRG with adhoc projects and initiatives.
The department is also responsible for driving awareness of own label products through outstanding packaging execution delivering continued reasons for customers to shop at Ryman.
Main Duties And Responsibilities:
- To create assets for digital marketing activities including email, social media, affiliates, web banners and landing pages ensuring these assets adhere to brand guidelines and deliver a consistent multi-channel experience to our customers.
- To create print-ready artwork for in-store and across other areas of the business.
- Actively and integrally contribute to the design and creative development of marketing campaigns ensuring all digital design best practices are adopted and that we achieve best in class execution.
- Use the latest digital design techniques to achieve a seamless customer experience, optimal load times, and consistent brand execution.
- Create, produce and retouch images and logos to support campaigns and activity.
- Produce graphics/animations for use online and on in-store screens.
- Build close working relationships with our E-Commerce, Trading, Development and other teams across the business.
- Be a source of creativity within the Design Team and the wider Marketing Team – introduce new concepts and ideas that will engage customers and drive sales.
What We Would Like To See In You:
- Knowledge and understanding of Adobe Indesign, Illustrator, Photoshop.
- Some experience in template and page design using HTML.
- Some experience of working with Email Service Provider platforms (currently Ometria) and website platforms (currently Magento2).
- Knowledge of Adobe After Effects or similar animation/video editing software would be advantageous.
- Experience of working on high volume output of creative assets.
- Flexible and able to take written and verbal briefs using integrity to develop on-brief designs and artworks.
- Excellent relationship skills, both internally and externally. Develop strong relationships with people.
- Aptitude for personal development. Be prepared to listen and learn. Ask insightful questions and be ready to challenge the status quo. Go the extra mile. Have a passion for self-development.
- Energetic, creative and inspirational personality. Always looking for opportunities to improve and be more effective.
- Highly literate, and highly articulate in written and verbal communications.
- A quick, pragmatic and efficient approach to work.
- Interest and understanding of department, business and group commercial performance.
- A true team player.
- A portfolio showcasing online and offline designs and artwork.
- You could be a graduate looking for your first design role or already a Junior Designer eager for a new challenge.
What You Will Get From Us:
- Competitive Salary.
- Support for self-development.
- 20 days holiday.
- Free Parking.
- Subsidised canteen.
- Generous discount at Ryman and the other brands within the Theo Paphitis Retail Group (Robert Dyas & Boux Avenue).
Other jobs you may be interested in
Junior Email Designer
Closing 11 June 2022
- AO World PLC
Closing 16 July 2022
- N Brown Group plc
£Up to £26,000 plus excellent benefits
UX Copywriter - Insurance
Closing 20 June 2022
Want more Junior Digital Designer jobs?
Want to find more Product Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Web Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.