We are the leading specialist retailer of music, film, games and technology products. With over 114 stores around the UK, our heritage is synonymous with the development of British popular music and culture.
We are looking for a passionate and enthusiastic Junior Designer to join our marketing team. You will need to be able to use your creativity and inspiration to design asset packs, animation and motion graphics to showcase our brands and the products we sell both in-store and online.
You will have responsibility for the end-to-end design process from concept to final delivery so you must have a solid knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite. You will be able to produce high-level graphics alone as well as part of a team.
Your designs and assets will help play a pivotal role in driving our businesses forward, so you will be commercially aware and love brand identity and product design.
Key aspects of the role will include:
Work closely with the Design Manager and wider Marketing team to understand what our customers love about our brand.
Push the boundaries of design and concept creation for use on self branded product ranges, in store design and social channels.
Undertake regular creative research to understand market trends. Show inspiration and innovation throughout your work.
You will create and design asset packs with a channel- sensitive approach, ensuring material is modified for usability and optimisation per channel. Be considerate of the user and the environment across a wide range of formats, including:
- Digital screen content.
- Digital & marketing collateral (including GIFs and videos).
- 2D graphics.
- Retail environments & Point of Sale (working with structural designs / floor plans where necessary).
- Packaging / new product branding.
- Presentations & pitch documents.
Take and interpret briefs, juggling a wide range of jobs without compromising on output.
Be a brand guardian, able to work within our established brand guidelines.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills:
- Work to tight deadlines.
- Forward thinking.
- Able to work as part of a team and using your own initiative.
- Excellent communication (Written & Oral).
- Excellent attention to detail.
- A positive team player, with a creative and influential personality.
- Take an interest in new technology advances in retail to support the customer journey online and offline.
- Great Adobe Creative Suite skills.
- Mac & PC Literate.
- Microsoft Office literate, including Powerpoint and Excel.
- After Effects / Animation experience / Video editing.
- Knowledge of Cinema 4D, HTML, CSS and CMS systems preferable.
- Experience of working within creative and marketing teams.
- Experience of the end-to-end design process from concept to final artwork and product delivery.
- Lastly, love what you do and have fun creating the best assets for our brand.
Senior UI Designer - Apps
Closing 30 November 2019
Senior UX Design Manager (Service Design – Motor Finance)
Closing 10 December 2019
- Lloyds Banking Group
- £54,300 to 72 p/a
Want more Junior Designer jobs?
Want to find more Art Department Junior jobs, Artworker jobs, Creative Artworker jobs, Graphic Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Web Designer jobs, Art Department Assistant jobs, Special Effects Animator jobs, Special Effects Artist jobs, Visual Effects jobs, Packaging Artworker jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.