Junior Designer and Animator
About the role:
We’re looking for a talented Social Content Designer to hit the ground running as part of our creative team. If you’re passionate about your craft, ever curious about the industry and keen to push yourself, your creativity and your career, then this role is for you.
You will be involved in client projects from day one, as well as helping with TMW internal projects and initiatives. As a Social Content Designer, you’ll be able to work independently to conceptualise, create and optimise all types of social content for our wide range of clients. No day will be like the other so this role is perfect for people that thrive on crafting concepts in a short timeframe where the quality of the output is up to spec, contextually relevant and on brand. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, enthusiastic and show a proven ability to learn and develop their own skills. They’ll have a keen design eye, showing attention to detail and have a knowledge of wider digital trends and design industry innovation.
Reports to Social and Influencer Director and Design Director.
What we’d like to see from you:
- A strong, varied portfolio showcasing work across multiple clients and different social channels, as well as proving a solid sense of design principles and social best practices.
- Working level knowledge of Adobe CC with Psd, Ai and After Effects a must.
- Knowledge in alternative platforms such as Canva or Figma would be welcome (if not mandatory).
What will make you a success in the role:
- You have an ambitious and fearless approach to design. You have a drive to progress, not just for the agency but for yourself. You have a thirst for crafting content for Social Channels, and we’d like to help with that.
- A multi-faceted design approach: illustration, photography, layout, comping, basic retouching, moving graphics, etc.
- You live and breathe social and are up to date with the opportunities and challenges the different channels offer.
- You’re able to create social content using an established look and feel as well as create visual concepts from scratch.
- You’re great at communicating your concepts with the team - and dare we say clients!
- Good time management is needed. You must have the ability to concept and create within the timeframe required.
- You will be an organised and methodical thinker with the ability to work independently and use initiative.
- You have experience collaborating with Creative and Social teams.
- Able to take direction but confident to bring your own flair to go wild, take the scamps to the next level. To have that creative vision to push things to the unexpected / further than the expected.
- A proven ’can do’ attitude and calmness under pressure will be needed.
- You have a good sense of humour and a positive outlook towards change.
- You have an inclusive, modern view on local culture.
The ever-changing, ever-adapting way of our industry means we’re always looking to bring new and varied skills to the team. Nowadays a flair for animation and/or an interest in 3D would be a plus. Welcome are also more crafty skills like lettering, paper art, etc. so bring in your passions with your CV!
For this particular role, a good understanding of photography would be a great plus.
This is us:
The TMW story is born out of the many successes we’ve created for our clients over the past 30 years, and now encompasses offices in London, Bristol and Reading, with clients all over the world.
We create ideas that move people:
We believe that ideas should work everywhere and that brilliant results are what really matter. We combine deep digital and advertising expertise, a strong heritage in CRM and award-winning creativity to make it all happen.
TMW is proudly part of UNLIMITED, a fully integrated agency group with human understanding at its heart. Through our Human Understanding Lab, we uncover behaviour-led insights that power performance and create a genuine business advantage for our clients.
What we value:
Together, we put people first and believe our values make us who we are.
Give a Damn: We care about each other, our clients and our work. And this shines through everything we do.
Be Brave: We believe in challenging each other, in standing up, in speaking out. We believe in trying new and difficult things in order to make ourselves and our work better.
Stay Curious: We actively seek out the new and the unusual, finding inspiration everywhere in the world around us.
Take Pride: We are open, accepting and inclusive, and we support each other on our journey to reach our true potential. We are actively working to ensure that we as an agency more fully reflect the society around us.
What we give:
A thriving career with the chance to learn from passionate, talented colleagues and mentors. Exciting and varied client work with as much opportunity as you can handle. And a hugely sociable team to get to know.
Here’s a snapshot of just some of the benefits you can enjoy as part of the team.
- 25 days’ holiday + Bank Holidays.
- Volunteer day and Birthday Day off.
- Contributory Pension Scheme.
- Life Assurance.
- Healthcare Cash Back Scheme.
- Interest free travel season ticket loan, Cycle scheme.
We have a calendar of social and charity events throughout the year, there’s always something going on.
Join us and join in. We make noise. We laugh. We share. We welcome new ideas and new people – including you.
Sound good? If you think you tick all the boxes, please send your CV and tell us why you should join the team.
We are an Equal Opportunities employer and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
As an equal opportunities workplace, we have a commitment to ensuring equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, socio-economic status, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, neuro divergence, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. Whether you’re just getting your foot in the door, or you are an experienced employee whose life circumstances are shifting, we are committed to creating a workplace that reflects the world we want to live in and are therefore flexible to accommodate each individual's needs as best as we can.
Other jobs you may be interested in
Graduate VFX Artist
Closing 21 March 2022
- Newcastle upon Tyne
Closing 31 January 2022
- New Look
Junior Motion Designer
Closing 16 March 2022
- TMW Unlimited
- Covent Garden
Want more Junior Designer and Animator jobs?
Want to find more Digital Animator jobs, 2D Animator jobs, Animation Artist jobs, Animation Design Assistant jobs, Animator jobs, CG Animator jobs, Motion Graphics Designer jobs, Motion Graphics Editor jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.