Junior Designer - Print
More about the role:
At New Look, everything we do is for the love of fashion. Without following that core belief, we wouldn’t be where we are now. But, what else does it take to be one of the biggest brands on the UK’s high street? We think that it comes down to our employees – and our mission to be the go-to destination for men’s, women’s and teen’s clothing and accessories.
Our motto? Keep it simple. Be brave. Think customer. Act with pace. Take responsibility. That’s the New Look way. If that sounds like you, we’d like to have you on our team! We’re always searching for enthusiastic and dedicated individuals to take New Look to exciting places.
What does our Design team do?
We Identify, and design key print trends for each season and translate these into accessible, broad appeal products for our customers. We work really closely with Buying and Merchandising to ensure we are closely aligned on what we design and how this aligns with all the great products we buy.
About the Role:
We are looking for a junior print designer to join the print and graphics team here at New Look. We are looking for someone who is highly creative, loves colour, print & pattern and enjoys designing prints in a fast paced and fun environment. To be responsible for delivering on trend, commercial prints for womenswear, LNS and 915, working alongside the print and graphics team and reporting into the Print & Colour Manager.
Ideally we would like you to have the following skills:
• Demonstrate an ability to design trend relevant prints for womenswear, LNS and 915 as needed.
• Inspire by bringing newness with key ideas relevant to the brand. A love of social media trends, influencers and catwalks is a must.
• Identify key prints for the season and design into the trends, to deliver inspiring prints in line with competitors.
• Demonstrate a confident approach to working with your buying and merch team.
• Work under pressure and focus on delivering the best product needed for department.
• Have a knowledge of fast paced/ trend lead work place. You will be part of ensuring key print and graphic trends are landed with conviction.
• Work closely with the garment design team, alongside the critical path to deliver key print for the season.
• Creativity is at the heart of what we do- a love for drawing/ painting/ design is a must.
• Must continue to push and develop yourself within the role and help to develop the less experienced members of the team.
• Ability to use adobe suite to a really good level- designing allover and placement prints.
• An understanding of the New Look Customer. Actively contributing in trend and competitor analysis, making recommendations for changes or developments
• Ongoing familiarity of the competition’s product range
• Previous experience as a Junior Designer within a major retailer / department within New Look / Established Supplier- ideally 3 years experience or more.
• Textiles/Fashion Qualification / Other qualification-ideally at Degree Level
• PC / Mac literate - Photoshop, Illustrator, Excel, Word, Adobe Suite
• Factory ready tech pack creations.
• Trend Aware
• Understanding of how to translate fashion trends into commercial product/print opportunities
• Knowledge of Buying calendar (critical path).
• Good interpersonal / communication skills
• Organisational skills
• Broad understanding of current competitive marketplace (comparative shopping)
• Customer knowledge
• Ability to initiate, build and maintain great relationships with Design and Buying teams.
• Good presentation skills
• Can work under pressure whilst maintaining a positive attitude
• Communicate effectively with all internal and external teams
Why New Look?
Our internal career progression is celebrated and encouraged. Plus, we offer bonus schemes, season ticket loans, a huge staff discount of 40% and amazing deals across a number of different businesses.
If you’re still not convinced…
• Every Friday we finish at 4pm
• At the end of the month, we have a social mix up at the New Look Arms
• There’s free fruit, tea and coffee, to keep you energised for the day
• We have an exciting new Kitchen & Coffee Bar for your enjoyment: The Hub
Want to be a New Looker? We guessed you would! Apply now to find out more.
Want more Junior Designer - Print jobs?
Want to find more Graphic Designer jobs, Fashion Design Assistant jobs, Fashion Designer jobs, Fashion Graphic Designer jobs, Print Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.