Junior Designer - 6 month contract
Reach plc is looking for a Junior Designer, who will be involved in producing content-led marketing material for our commercial partners across print and digital platforms.
The Junior Designer will possess a strong portfolio with examples of publishing design and be competent within the industry standard applications including Adobe Indesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, XD, Premiere, and After Effects.
So, who are we?
We are Reach plc, you might not have heard of us but we have probably met without you even realising it. We are home to the UK and Ireland’s most iconic digital platforms, magazines and newspapers. From the Mirror, Daily Express and OK!, to our regional titles such as the Liverpool Echo, BirminghamLive and the Manchester Evening News (plus lots more), our brands and the stories we cover are as varied as our people. We help all kinds of people share experiences through our stories because we believe this is what makes us human. Oh, and we should probably also mention that with a monthly readership of 47 million people, Reach is the largest commercial publisher in the UK. At Reach, not only will you feel better understood, you will also feel you understand other people better too.
You will work closely with our production team on design projects and campaigns for high-end clients. Responsibilities will also include:
- Production across our commercial partnership campaigns, ability to pick up on project challenges as and when required.
- Liaising with Senior Designers, and Managers to complete required tasks.
- Keep abreast of current design trends in publishing.
- Working across a range of print and digital publishing platforms.
The Ideal Candidate:
The Junior Designer will be efficient, flexible and a good time-manager, helping to deliver creative services to our clients. The successful candidate will ideally need:
- A design degree qualification or equivalent
- An ability to understand and apply brand guidelines.
- A firm grasp of layout, grids, typography and print and digital design principles.
- To be able to multi-task, with the ability to meet deadlines for multiple projects.
What can we offer you?
We are offering a competitive salary and benefits including:
- 25 days holiday per annum when you join. After three, five and ten years’ service with Reach, you’ll accrue one additional day of annual leave.
- Enhanced Maternity, Partner and Shared Parental Leave benefits.
- Contributory pension scheme.
- Share save scheme.
- Simply Health Cash Plan.
- A brilliant induction and learning hub.
- Holiday purchase scheme.
- Technology purchase scheme.
- Car purchase scheme.
- Discounted gym membership.
- Lots of high street discounts.
- Huge focus on Diversity & Inclusion. We have launched 6 networks to drive diversity at work and an inclusive environment, and to give you a voice. We hold panel events with internal and external guest speakers, and provide some really useful resources.
- Huge focus on your wellbeing. Free wellbeing apps and confidential coaching support, with access to free healthcare advice and counselling (available to your and your immediate family members who live in the same household). Some services are available 24/7 via call and live chat.
Reach plc believes diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
Other jobs you may be interested in
Closing 7 February 2022
- RELX Group
Product Design Intern
Closing 6 February 2022
UX Design Graduate Programme 2022
Closing 28 January 2022
- Marks & Spencer
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.