Junior Creative Designer
Established in 1952 and online since 1999, Childrensalon is a fast-growing, award-winning, forward-thinking retailer, specialising in dressing children beautifully.
Childrensalon believes there is beauty in diversity and difference, as resembled by our wonderful team. Our vision of being the most inclusive, diverse, and humane company is very important to us as is our culture of fairness, openness, and transparency. We are committed to the career progression and advancement of every team member as well as welcoming the best external talent in the industry. We offer a fun, challenging, collaborative, family-oriented work environment in our fast-paced and rapidly growing business and in turn will provide you with the opportunity to grow your career and make a difference.
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual who would relish the opportunity to work within online children retail sector, with a strong portfolio demonstrating a passion for digital design and strong conceptual skills. You will need to be a confident communicator, both verbally and visually and have desire to further develop your skills.
Your primary focus will be on supporting the team on Campaigns and Marketing materials for Childrensalon and its brands. Working closely with teams in the Marketing and Creative departments, you will be involved in conceptualising campaigns all the way through to final product. You will also work with the Communications team to produce creative solutions within brand guidelines for Childrensalon.
- Participate in various design projects from concept to completion.
- Produce visually exciting assets for all Childrensalon channels, including website and social media.
- Key player in delivery of campaigns for Childrensalon and other brands.
- Pitch creative ideas.
- Support the team in all Creative Design work and operations.
- Research brands and understand positioning, building knowledge how to effectively communicate them within on brand advertising campaigns.
- Keep up to date with latest technology and innovations within the creative field.
- Compile pitches for clients and internal stakeholders.
- Create solutions to support Childrensalon PR and Marketing activities that adhere to the Childrensalon guidelines.
- Use feedback from other designers to hone skills and improve design.
Key Skills & Experience:
- Strong conceptual skills with lots of ideas.
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively.
- Knowledge of responsive design principles.
- Proficient in Adobe CC.
- Experience with animation, video and motion graphics a plus.
- Ability to effectively and clearly present and communicate ideas.
- Be highly organised, flexible and be able to prioritise tasks.
- Have enthusiasm, energy, and determination to achieve results.
- Friendly and approachable for other team members, always offering advice and assistance where possible.
- Show a positive and can-do attitude, ability to collaborate and work with others in a constructive way.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Experience working with fashion and luxury brands or in an ecommerce role a plus.
This role is based at our Head Office in Tunbridge Wells, however, due to the current Coronavirus pandemic will require flexibility and some working from home. Childrensalon offers a highly competitive salary, company pension plan, health plan, fully subsidised gym membership, in-house yoga classes, company shuttle, generous holiday allowance and company discount.
If you are interested and think you would thrive in this role, please apply.
Other jobs you may be interested in
Closing 18 August 2021
- Havas Helia
Closing 6 July 2021
Junior Print & Pattern Designer (interim FTC)
Closing 16 August 2021
- Mamas & Papas
- perm, remote, temp to perm, from remote
Want more Junior Creative Designer jobs?
Want to find more Art Department Junior jobs, Creative jobs, Communications Designer jobs, Graphic Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Email Designer jobs, Multimedia Designer jobs, Web Designer jobs, Motion Graphics Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.