Junior Art Director
This role will require a very creative, commercially aware and analytical eye, as well as an ability to work collaboratively with multiple teams across the business. Alongside the Creative Director, you will be the gatekeeper of our tone of voice and imagery aesthetic, responsible for creating and curating showstopping content across multiple categories, including Womenswear, Menswear and Home, as well as brand campaigns across all of our channels including marketing and social.
- Curate exciting, consistent imagery and an always developing and reactive approach to create a stream of content to engage our new and existing audience.
- A highly motivated and creative individual to inspire and work alongside the brand imagery creative director and studio team.
- A high taste level with a unique combination of aspirational and accessible fashion imagery and film is necessary.
- A junior art director that is able to create and present creative concepts to Senior Executives with the ability to articulate from both a creative and commercial perspective.
- Strong fashion art direction and is confident in developing imagery for editorial marketing and social media channels.
- An ability to apply a strategic approach to brand imagery and use it as a positioning tool to elevate and differentiate.
- Experience at the cutting edge of youth culture and a good understanding of social media.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Work with the creative director to conceptualise seasonal and monthly direction of brand imagery.
- Ensuring the brand is industry leading and constantly innovating it’s approach to create emotional and elevated product photography.
- Work with the creative director to conceptualise editorial UO Europe photo shoot assignments, including mood boards, casting, styling, hair and makeup and location direction. Ensure each element is appropriate to the UO brand and that the final execution is true to the approved concept.
- Create approval presentations for photographers, models, locations, and shoot concepts.
- Regularly hindsight shoot results and feedback with the creative director.
- Research and gather inspiration, and stay abreast of competitors, new methods and trends applicable to the brand identity; develop original and creative ways to continually evolve brand imagery.
- Work alongside the social media and content manager by supporting with the narrative and art direction for the Social team’s content creation across Instagram and TikTok.
- An understanding on how to bring editorial story telling imagery to life across all channels including social.
- Develop annual, seasonal and monthly marketing imagery strategies from initial concept, goals and objectives, creative briefs, through to timelines, budget, and execution.
- Ensure brand voice and point of view is curated and consistently maintained across all channels in copy, imagery, and subject matter in the European Market.
- Execute the creative process of brand partnership marketing to develop creative ideas in support of external brand launches and campaigns.
- Lead and develop social only campaigns.
What You’ll Need:
- Onset art direction experience with top photographers and social first art direction.
- An intuitive understanding and vision of the Urban Outfitters brand and customer.
- Broad knowledge of contemporary photography.
- Experience with design and editing.
- Ability to recognise and respond to current design, fashion and cultural trends.
- Ability to manage and delegate all facets of multiple projects, schedules and budgets from concept through execution.
- Excellent interpersonal, management and presentation skills with an ability to communicate clearly and concisely.
- Multitask on several projects and work with tight schedules from concept through to delivery.
- Great team culture within a supportive and inclusive brand.
- Dog-friendly office.
- Complimentary onsite gym and wellness studio plus wellbeing initiatives.
- Onsite café.
- Local food/drink discounts.
- Great development programmes.
- Huge staff discount across the brands and regular sample sales.
- Competitive holiday allowance.
- Pension scheme, life insurance, medical care, cycle to work scheme, season ticket loans.
- And much more.
We receive such a high volume of applications, unfortunately we can't reply to everybody. If you haven't heard back from us after 2 weeks, you haven't been successful on this occasion. However, don't let this put you off applying in future, please keep an eye on our career pages.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.