Junior 3D Maya Rigger
About The Role:
Our 3D Riggers mix elegant technical skills with creative problem solving, to create rigs that animators love to animate with. Their day to day focuses on rigging assets whilst maintaining production quality and style as required.
Due to the current government guidelines on the continuing pandemic, all job opportunities we offer will remain remote for the foreseeable future.
Day to Day:
- Designing, creating, testing and maintaining a broad variety of asset setups.
- Collaborating with animators to design user-friendly rigs and troubleshooting issues as they arise.
- Providing technical feedback to other departments as necessary and working with production management to prioritise tasks.
- Good knowledge of Maya's deformation systems.
- A solid understanding in Python and Maya commands are essential.
- Additional knowledge of the Maya API is considered a big plus.
- An extremely thorough and keen eye for detail, and able to produce consistent, quality assured rigs across projects.
- Demonstrate ability to be organised and be able to keep track of assets, scripts and tools.
- Able to take direction and willing to address constructive feedback
- Able to communicate clearly with colleagues
- Able to work collaboratively, as well as independently
- Have an appreciation of accuracy and pay close attention to detail
- Be able to deliver on schedule, working calmly and efficiently under pressure
Blue Zoo is a leading animation studio in the UK, with a world-class reputation as the go-to place for creating bold, fun and characterful animation. Established in London in 2000, the studio has grown to become the largest dedicated CG animation studio in the UK, picking up a shelf full of BAFTAs along the way.
The studio is going through an exciting period of growth and we are building a studio that is full of amazingly talented, happy artists, making work they are proud of, which in turn makes a small contribution to a happier world. Blue Zoo believes that a healthy balance in our lives - whatever our situation - is key to supporting the wellbeing of our staff. We offer flexible working to support this.
We look for people who have expertise, enthusiasm and are motivated by change. You’ll work alongside a talented and diverse group of people who respect each other's differences and seek to understand fresh perspectives.
What we’ve got for you (benefits):
- Winner of Best Places to Work in TV 2019 and 2020!
- Inclusive self-funded shorts programme
- Many fun social events throughout the year - even though they have to be remote for the foreseeable!
- Bi-monthly staff feedback and engagement programme
- Friday "beer o'clock" and talks programme!
- Comprehensive benefits package, including loads of discounts and offers
- Online wellbeing programme
- Profit participation (for staff who have been with us for 2+ years)
Blue Zoo is committed to creating and nurturing an inclusive studio that promotes and values diversity and invites everyone to ‘bring their whole selves’ to work. We believe that companies that truly embrace and value diversity, and create an environment where everyone from any background can do their best work, are better companies.
To be engaged our people have to feel included and valued. We work hard to build and nurture a culture where inclusiveness is embedded in the way we work, not just an initiative. We strive to engender a studio community that feels a deep sense of pride and commitment that transcends any role, department or level and works together to produce excellent and engaging work.
Other jobs you may be interested in
Junior Surfacing Artist
Closing 25 October 2021
- Blue Zoo Animation Studio
- London (Remote)
- perm, from remote
Closing 9 October 2021
- Frontier Developments plc
Junior 3D Designer
Closing 26 October 2021
- Design Bridge
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.