Junior 2D FX Artist
About The Role:
We’re looking for a Junior 2D FX artist to join us for an exciting 2D project here at Blue Zoo!
Our FX Artists are able to demonstrate brilliant attention to detail, the ability to think outside the box, be super pro-active and have a brilliant work ethic alongside the ability to work well within a small team.
Due to the current government guidelines on the continuing pandemic, we welcome hybrid and remote working for all job opportunities we offer for the foreseeable future.
Day to Day:
- Hand Animate custom FX for scenes in the style of the show.
- Manage and maintain FX stock material in a library used by the FX team.
- Create particle systems in Toon Boom Harmony and integrate into the production.
- Liaise with compositing team members to resolve issues.
- Match FX timing and movement to existing animation in a scene.
- Good knowledge of Toon Boom Harmony.
- Strong sense of animation timing.
- Good knowledge of 2D pipeline.
- Strong knowledge of classical 2D animation principles.
- Good design and drawing skills in Toon Boom Harmony.
- Can take direction and are willing to address constructive feedback
- Able to communicate clearly with colleagues.
- Ability to work collaboratively, as well as independently.
- Have an appreciation of accuracy and pay close attention to detail.
- Be able to deliver on schedule, working efficiently under pressure.
- Experience working with Compositing.
- Previous experience working on a 2D TV production.
Blue Zoo is a leading animation studio in the UK, with a world-class reputation as the go-to place for creating bold, fun and characterful animation. Established in London in 2000, the studio has grown to become the largest dedicated CG animation studio in the UK, picking up a shelf full of BAFTAs along the way.
The studio is going through an exciting period of growth and we are building a studio that is full of amazingly talented, happy artists, making work they are proud of, which in turn makes a small contribution to a happier world. Blue Zoo believes that a healthy balance in our lives - whatever our situation - is key to supporting the wellbeing of our staff. We offer flexible working to support this.
We look for people who have expertise, enthusiasm and are motivated by change. You’ll work alongside a talented and diverse group of people who respect each other's differences and seek to understand fresh perspectives.
What we’ve got for you (benefits):
- Winner of Best Places to Work in TV 2019 and 2020!
- Inclusive self-funded shorts programme.
- Many fun social events throughout the year - even though they have to be remote for the foreseeable!
- Bi-monthly staff feedback and engagement programme.
- Friday "beer o'clock" and talks programme!
- Comprehensive benefits package, including loads of discounts and offers.
- Online wellbeing programme.
- Profit participation (for staff who have been with us for 2+ years).
Blue Zoo is committed to creating and nurturing an inclusive studio that promotes and values diversity and invites everyone to ‘bring their whole selves’ to work. We believe that companies that truly embrace and value diversity, and create an environment where everyone from any background can do their best work, are better companies.
To be engaged our people have to feel included and valued. We work hard to build and nurture a culture where inclusiveness is embedded in the way we work, not just an initiative. We strive to engender a studio community that feels a deep sense of pride and commitment that transcends any role, department or level and works together to produce excellent and engaging work.
Other jobs you may be interested in
Junior Background Artist
Closing 4 December 2021
- Blue Zoo Animation Studio
- Brighton / Remote
- perm, from remote
LCM Design Draughtsperson
Closing 13 December 2021
Junior Concept Artist
Closing 7 December 2021
- Warner Bros. Entertainment Group of Companies
Want more Junior 2D FX Artist jobs?
Want to find more 2D Artist jobs, Digital Animator jobs, Digital Artist jobs, 2D Animator jobs, Animation Artist jobs, Animator jobs, CG Animator jobs, VFX Artist jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.