OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY:
FX Networks is comprised of the networks FX, FXX and FXM, the video on-demand app FXNOW and the commercial-free on-demand service FX+. FX, the flagship general entertainment basic cable channel, launched in June of 1994 and is carried in 88 million homes.
The diverse schedule features a growing roster of critically-acclaimed and award-winning hit dramas series including Taboo, Legion, Snowfall, Trust, Pose, Mayans M.C. and the upcoming Y; the critically-acclaimed limited series American Horror Story, Fargo, American Crime Story, FEUD, Fosse/Verdon and the upcoming Devs, Shōgun and Mrs. America; acclaimed hit comedy series including Atlanta, Baskets, Better Things, What We Do in the Shadows and the upcoming Breeders; the half-hour series Mr Inbetween; and the upcoming docuseries The Weekly with The New York Times. FX is the former home of the critically-acclaimed and award-winning hit drama series The Shield, Nip/Tuck, Rescue Me, Damages, Sons of Anarchy, Justified and The Americans.
The network’s library of acquired box-office hit movies is unmatched by any ad-supported television network. FXX, the newest network, launched in September 2013 and is carried in 86 million homes. Geared towards a young adult audience, the schedule features original series, movies, and acquired series. The channel is anchored by the acclaimed hit comedies It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia and the Emmy® Award winning comedy series Archer.
FXX is also the exclusive cable home to The Simpsons, the longest-running comedy in TV history. FXM (formerly Fox Movie Channel) was launched in October of 1994 and is now carried in 57 million homes. Its schedule features classic films during the day (FXM Retro), contemporary box office hits and acclaimed, award-winning films, and short-form award-winning original programming in the evening.
FX Networks is seeking a Junior Editor who will be tasked with assisting current staff editors with preparation and execution of editorial projects, maintaining editorial work spaces, assembling episodes from dailies and building rough cuts of promotional materials.
- Working independently or in collaboration, responsibilities include ingesting, script review, brainstorming, string outs, editing, graphics assembly, color correction, music research, sound design, sweetening, and onlining.
- Deliver promotional materials that are: creative, engaging, effective, and on-brand.
- Projects include all forms of marketing materials, from launch campaigns and topical promotions to marketing reels and presentation pieces.
- Supports senior editorial staff with keep file maintenance, work space maintenance, logging footage, assembly of episodes and assembling rough cuts of promotional materials.
- Responsible for maintaining a strong working relationship with motion graphics & design staff, operations & scheduling personnel, and fellow editorial staff within FX Networks.
- Accountable for sound project management, including the archiving of footage, string outs, spots, campaigns and related elements.
- College graduate preferred. Minimum of 2 years’ experience in marketing post-production editorial and/or commercial editing utilizing Avid and Symphony edit systems.
- Must be savvy in Avid Symphony and related systems, effects plug-ins, digital media routing and storage, audio boards and mixing, decks, scopes, monitors and related editorial equipment.
- Basic understanding of network television promotions and procedures.
- Excellent verbal, written communication, negotiation, and presentation skills, as well as good interpersonal skills are required.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, leadership skills, technical skills, work with deadlines, attention to detail and strong analytical skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Explorer are needed.
- Must be proficient in applicable software applications (Sapphire effects, EDL Manager, Adobe Photoshop, etc.).
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
Staff Editor, Briefings
Closing 25 May 2020
- The New York Times
- New York
Closing 27 May 2020
- Sony Music Entertainment
Want more Jr. Editor jobs?
Want to find more Digital Editor jobs, Assistant Editor jobs, Editor jobs, Editorial Assistant jobs, Production Editor jobs, Offline Editor jobs, Online Editor jobs, Script Editor jobs, Copy Editor jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.