This is a fantastic opportunity to join a highly talented, creative and friendly team working within a converted barn on a varied range of exciting websites and digital projects.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Developing websites and web applications which are optimised across multiple browsers and device platforms.
- Working across a broad range of exciting projects for different clients and big brands.
- Helping to recommend, plan and develop dynamic web and digital projects.
- Being actively involved at all stages of the design and development process.
- Working closely with the UX, design, SEO and project management teams.
- Testing and supporting new and existing solutions.
- Staying up-to-date with current web trends and new technologies and have a desire to push the boundaries.
- Working in a variety of development processes, including Agile.
Skills & Experience:
- Experience of frameworks such as Vue.js, React, Node or Express.
- Excellent HTML5 / CSS3 skills.
- Extensive experience of developing and testing responsive websites for multiple browsers, platforms and devices.
- A solid understanding of Object Oriented Programming and Design Patterns.
- Experience of using version control systems - ideally Git.
- Good working knowledge of web and mobile UX/UI best practices.
- A good understanding of accessibility standards.
- An organised approach with excellent attention to detail and a pride in your work.
- The ability to work to tight deadlines whilst providing clients and colleagues with exceptional service at all times.
Desirable Skills & Experience:
- Good knowledge of MySQL and PHP including frameworks such as WordPress, Drupal, Symfony or Laravel.
- Experience of automated testing (for example PhpUnit, Behat or Selenium) and automated deployment and continuous integration (Travis, Jenkins).
- An understanding of testing methodologies and procedures.
- Experience and/or knowledge of Agile software development methodologies.
We like to look after our team and provide a lot of benefits. This is all the normal stuff we offer but, with the pandemic going on, some of these have been put on the back-burner for a while for safety reasons. We hope to bring it all back soon though - we’re missing our parties and the pick ‘n’ mix!
Wherever you’re working from:
- Flexible working.
- 25 days holiday (increasing to 28 days after five years) plus bank holidays.
- Pension scheme.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- Bupa health insurance.
- Bupa dental insurance.
- Bupa wellbeing health expenses cash plan.
- Conferences and training.
- Regular social events including the Christmas Party and the famous Torpedo Summer Family Fun Day.
- Annual Torpedo Awards.
- Team challenges such as Blenheim Triathlon, 3 Peaks, Tough Mudder, Jurassic Walk.
- Cycle to work bike scheme.
- Free annual flu vaccination.
- Sports teams including running, football and netball.
And for when you’re in the office:
- Modern agency environment in a converted barn.
- Excellent location with free parking.
- Charging points if you drive electric.
- Covered bike shed.
- Use of on-site swimming pool and tennis court.
- Free fruit in the office every week.
- Copious amounts of tea and coffee.
- Tasty snacks and pick ‘n’ mix sweets.
- Breakout area with large TV.
- Sonos sound system with shared playlists.
Other jobs you may be interested in
Senior Web Developer
Closing 9 November 2021
Vice President, Java Software Engineer – Aladdin Product Group
Closing 19 December 2021
Front End Developer
Closing 20 December 2021
- Leeds / Flexible Remote
- perm, from remote
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.