Java Deeloper - American ExpressThis job listing has expired
American Express is a global service company, providing customers with exceptional access to products and experiences that enrich lives and build business success.
Each day, we make it easier, safer and more rewarding for consumers and businesses to purchase the things they need and for merchants to sell their goods and services, enabling them to do and achieve more.
We’re committed to becoming the world’s most respected service brand and daily deliver extraordinary service to our customers, constantly reinventing our ways of working to ensure we offer rich rewards that redefine expectations for our clients and ourselves.
American Express Technologies are looking for an experienced Java Developer to join a dynamic and innovative development team, developing cloud-based APIs for a high-profile enterprise platform. Responsibilities will include development of enterprise-scale Java applications, ensuring service orientation and scalability. A successful candidate requires excellent problem solving skills as well as a good knowledge of web technologies.
- Analyse requirements/user stories to appropriately support design activities
- Perform all technical aspects of software development for assigned applications including developing prototypes and writing new code/APIs
- Function as an active member of an agile team through consistent development practices (tools, common components, and documentation)
- Conduct code reviews and tests of automated build scripts
- Debug software components, identify, fix and verify remediation of code defects (own work and the work of others)
- Identify opportunities to adopt innovative technologies
- Provide continuous support for ongoing production application availability
- Write user guides for technical and non-technical audiences
- Work with product owners to prioritise features for ongoing sprints and manage a list of technical requirements based on industry trends, new technologies, known defects, and issues
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Software development experience in a professional environment and/or comparable experience
- Experience with consuming/providing web services (SOAP and REST)
- Building and running unit tests with Junit
- Experience with 1 or more commercial Java application servers, ideally including JBoss.
- Experience with build automation tools and version control, such as Git, including branching and merging strategies
- Proven track record in development of applications from analysis through to release
- Experience working in an Agile (Scrum, XP etc.) development environment is a plus
- Proficiency with the following technologies is required:
- Java (EE)
- Microservice Architecture
- JAX-RS, JAX-WS
- RDBMS (DB2/Oracle/Postgres)
Proficiency with the following technologies would be an advantage:
- Distributed caching technologies
- Cloud technologies
- HA Architecture
- A self-starter, capable of taking unrefined ideas/requirements and driving them forward as well as dealing with competing priorities
- An excellent communicator, both verbally and written
- Bachelors and/or Masters Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology Systems or related field.
Sorry this job has been removed from Creativepool
Senior Online Designer for The White Company
Closing 1 November 2017
- The White Company
Digital Design Lead - Virgin Holidays
Closing 25 October 2017
- Virgin Holidays
- Competitive Package
Want more Java Deeloper - American Express jobs?
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.