JNR Children’s Wear Designer
Ideal for a candidate with an interest in children’s wear, the position offers a strong insight to the foundations of commercial design. This position offers an enthusiastic junior designer the opportunity to work for the UK’s largest sports retailer within their kids fashion and lifestyle design team. Based at the head office in Shirebrook (just off the M1, jct 29) this role will provide invaluable experience for industrious and driven individuals.
• Entry level role in the children’s wear design team.
• To be proactive in maintaining the archive of all previous seasonal samples and filing.
• To assess and interpret trends and keep up to date with market information.
• To work closely with designers and buying team to complete design briefs keeping in line with critical path dates.
• To design commercial ranges which reflect our brands identities.
• To complete risk assessments in line with safety standards.
• To manage the process of sampling ensuring tech packs are sent to our overseas factories.
The Successful Applicant:
• Proficient ability to use Adobe software including illustrator.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office.
• Must be enthusiastic and have a ‘can do’ attitude.
• Organised, self-motivated and accountable.
• Ability to use their own initiative and an enthusiasm for learning new skills.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Degree of flexibility towards the business and an adaptable work ethic.
• An interest in all aspects of design with a focus on children’s wear and sports. Previous experience of children’s wear and sports is not a necessity.
• A degree or equivalent in fashion design or fashion related subject is essential and a background in retail is preferable but not essential.
Please submit your CV along with a cover letter and some examples of your work.
Learning Design Lead
Closing 16 April 2020
- £Competitive plus benefits
Closing 10 April 2020
- Sports Direct
Want more JNR Children’s Wear Designer jobs?
Want to find more Product Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Accessories Designer jobs, Fashion Designer jobs, Textile Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.