Internships 2020/21: ESPN Editorial
Join ESPN for a challenging and rewarding 12-month internship full of excitement!
During an internship at ESPN, you will get the chance to work side by side with industry leaders in your field of study. You will gain valuable skills working within one of the strongest family of brands on a global scale while building lasting connections. Imagine that!
About The Internship:
As an ESPN Editiorial Intern, you will be fully integrated in to the day-to-day activities of our Editorial team. You will use your wide understanding of the sports world to provide great support to our editorial teams on a number of our sites including ESPN.co.uk, ESPN Cricinfo, ESPN F1 and ESPN FC. You will be involved in writing and sourcing material, uploading content, photo management, research, site traffic reporting, maintenance of blogs and general admin tasks. This internship will develop your communication and writing skills while developing your sports industry knowledge.
- Must be an undergraduate student in a sandwich year course returning to study in Autumn 2021.
- Must have the right to work in the UK already in place.
- Studying for a degree that is relevant to the role applied for.
- Strong MS Office skills.
- Attention to detail and the ability to work well under pressure.
- Ability to communicate with people at all levels in a professional and mature manner.
- Ability to prioritise tasks, meet deadlines and undertake various administrative duties.
What We Offer:
- Develop your workplace skills and experience and help build the foundations of your future career.
- Constructive on-the-job training as well as companywide learning and development initiatives.
- Learn how decisions and actions are made within a global business environment.
- Take on real responsibility and become an essential part of an encouraging team.
- Have the support and network of a large community of interns.
- Gain essential knowledge to help you achieve success in your placement and your future career.
- Annual salary of £21,000 with 25 days’ holiday (plus bank holidays).
- Great discounts on Disney products and shows.
How To Apply:
Apply with your CV and cover letter via the link on this page. Please note, applications without cover letters will not be considered.
Your cover letter should be approximately 400 words and include the following:
1. Why have you chosen this internship?
2. Why have you chosen ESPN?
3. What do you possess that would encourage ESPN to choose you for the internship?
The application deadline is Sunday 29 December 2019 however we encourage you to apply as early as possible.
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. Every day we’re doing things that no one has done, all in a dynamic culture where we defy odds and continuously outdo ourselves. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Sports Media Limited, which is part of a business segment we call ESPN.
ESPN Sports Media Limited is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Regional Content Editor - DevonLive, CornwallLive, PlymouthLive
Closing 5 December 2019
- Reach Plc
- ompetitive + company benefits
Senior Video Editor
Closing 1 January 2020
- ASOS plc
Want more Internships 2020/21: ESPN Editorial jobs?
Want to find more Digital Editor jobs, Assistant Editor jobs, Editor jobs, Editorial Assistant jobs, Production Editor jobs, Offline Editor jobs, Online Editor jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.