Internship: Communications Design
In this role, you have the opportunity to:
Support the Communications Design team with touchpoint creation. The main design activities will range from mapping end-to-end experiences to creating packaging concepts, digital, print material.
You are responsible for:
- Understanding the context of the design challenge and can be empathetic to user and stakeholder needs and requirements.
- Generating proposals or solutions that meet the requirements, with appropriate visual and verbal articulation, applying relevant brand guidelines.
- Working with speed and within budget and time constraints set by the project and safeguard design quality.
- Working together with business stakeholders, using clear and concise communication.
- Contributing effectively as part of a team, receiving guidance from the project or organizational lead.
You are a part of:
You will be part of the multi-disciplinary Grooming and Beauty Communications Design team. Working with the Personal HEalth Experience Director, Grooming and Beauty Experience Lead, and Art Directors in supporting the business and marketing departments to deliver effective communications design solutions across the full 360-degree brand touchpoints.
The Philips Experience Design is a global creative force of some 400+ professionals is located in our Design studios in Europe, North America, and Asia. You will be part of an amazing cross-disciplinary team that includes product design, interaction design, service design, people/trend research, communication design.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience:
- Currently enrolled and undertaking a Communications Design degree.
- A strong student portfolio.
- Willingness to take ownership whilst contributing to other aspects of the team/project.
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal.
- Competent in Adobe software: Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop.
- Basic understanding of Microsoft Office is an advantage.
- Please make sure you add the link to your portfolio on your resume.
In return, we offer you:
An exciting and unique opportunity to experience working with a dedicated professional team of highly engaged and talented team members. You will be challenged beyond your core competencies in an environment that rewards those that take ownership and deliver.
Please note that in order to be considered for an internship, you need to be registered as a student during the entire internship period. Formal documentation (proof of enrollment) will be requested. Students from outside the EU need to fill in an NUFFIC agreement, which needs to be signed by the student and the university. Please note that the contents of our regular internship assignments are not suitable for professionals (and/or MBA students) with professional work experience.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
Other jobs you may be interested in
Adidas Junior Designer
Closing 11 December 2021
- Stella McCartney
Junior Digital Designer
Closing 8 December 2021
- Sports Direct
Internship Experience Design
Closing 7 December 2021
Want more Internship: Communications Design jobs?
Want to find more Communications Designer jobs, Product Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, Multimedia Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Packaging Designer jobs, Print Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.