International Social Media Manager
ABOUT THE BUSINESS:
Marks and Spencer are a unique British heritage brand with a history of ‘firsts’ and there has been quite a revolution happening inside our Dotcom team. Having re-platformed from Amazon to Salesforce and in-sourced our entire digital proposition front-to-backend and across to agile, we are now a cluster of closely aligned functional teams relentlessly trying to innovate. We experiment, we make big and small changes, and we enjoy the fact that everything we do has the potential to impact and delight over 29 million customers daily.
Our International business is now being invested in heavily and the results are starting to show as we outgrow competitors. We have a new team in place who share some impressive International experience and have created a clear strategy which will deliver ambitious goals. We have the benefits of being a smaller team, we have removed unnecessary rules and we want entrepreneurial thinking.
Over the past 6 years we have introduced M&S to another 2bn customers worldwide, increased our presence on marketplaces, enabled Dotcom for franchise markets and created a best in class customer experience. There is a lot to do and we would like your help. Therefore, we will continue to hire like-minded individuals from high growth start-ups and big business alike who bring the right DNA, positive attitude, and analytical expertise to M&S.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
As International Social Media Manager, you will be part of a highly regarded international digital marketing team who proactively support each other to achieve both internal and customer satisfaction goals. You will lead the social media strategy for international markets and will shape, develop, and deliver innovative social media strategies to achieve the expected reach, performance, and engagement across the International markets.
Reporting to the Acquisition Marketing Manager, you will use your expertise in growing social media metrics to create highly engaging campaigns for M&S international with a focus on driving brand awareness whilst still balancing strong traffic & revenue goals where relevant.
You will also own & manage our influencer activity in key markets, working closely with our influencer agencies to align activity to business objectives ensuring our influencer network is closely monitored and activity is optimised for maximum reach & impact.
Ideal candidates will have experience in Ecommerce or similar high-quality online fashion retailer. In return you can expect outstanding personal development, plenty of senior management exposure and to thrive in a vibrant, collaborative, and sociable division.
• Directly manage paid and organic social media channels and strategies, working alongside our agencies and the Acquisition Marketing Manager to drive profitable growth and awareness of our core campaigns.
• Drive brand awareness, brand affinity and engagement by delivering the right message to the right audiences through the right social platform.
• Own the analysis and commentary of weekly trade and monthly performance reporting of the social and influencer marketing channels.
• Work alongside our agency to deliver a robust and effective social media plan that delivers on core KPIs and implements a continual test, learn and optimise approach.
• Work closely with UK social media team, PR teams, international digital marketing team and International offline marketing team to create social media campaigns which ensure consistency across all customer touch points. You will also support store partners with social best practice.
• Work alongside the International Ecom Trade team to ensure that Paid social and Influencer activity is aligned to category and product priorities.
• Manage customer contact centre ensuring all queries are resolved within SLA and report to management on a monthly basis.
• Be the key stakeholder and coordinator of the international ecom creative briefing plans to ensure that campaigns are supported through our acquisition media channels and creative requirements for social and display are captured and briefed clearly.
• Provide ad hoc support on other paid media channels, such as Display and YouTube activity and aim to align on activity run via other channels, such as Search and Email, ensuring our media agency is aware of the holistic, 360 degree marketing plan.
• Develop, maintain, and automate key social and influencer reports and dashboards, and educate teams throughout the business on their use and context.
• Work alongside our various influencer and PR agencies to ensure influencer activity is planned and delivered to brief, cost effectively and representative of the M&S brand.
• Keep up with the latest industry trends and communicate to the wider team where relevant.
• Manage ad hoc requests to support business challenges around digital media trends and marketing.
• Drive a culture of best practice, idea creation, and change. You will champion the role of Social and Influencers within the wider marketing mix at M&S International. This will include creating and delivering inspiring training sessions to educate international teams about your channels, and enhancing ways of working to give them maximum visibility within the business.
You are genuinely passionate about the role of media in consumer behaviour, and keen to use your analytical strengths to find opportunities in our performance data and trends. You are curious, with a true passion for digital marketing, a desire to constantly learn and improve yourself, and a proactive mindset.
Your skills and experience will include:
• Direct management of influencer strategy and plans to deliver on content and performance goals.
• Demonstratable experience delivering considered and effective media plans across social and influencer channels.
• Ability to generate innovative insights from analysis and translate these into simple, clear actionable plans.
• Experience working with creative agencies and/ in house teams on delivering best in class social first assets.
• Experience working alongside content teams and influencer agencies that enable you to bring new and fresh content to social and on site channels.
• Independent self-starter with demonstrable history of getting things done, confident to plan and prioritise, but able to request support where necessary.
• Ability to prioritise multiple requests against commercial impacts and produce business cases that support changes and developments to social plans and budgets.
• Experience working with analytics platforms (i.e. Adobe or GA360) and working knowledge of navigating Facebook Business Manager, Pinterest, Twitter and LinkedIn marketing platforms.
• Good organisational skills and an ability to communicate with a broad range of stakeholders.
• Genuine team-playing skills and commitment to a great working environment.
• Some experience of Display marketing preferable but not essential.
Closing 14 March 2021
- Red Bull GmbH
Closing 14 March 2021
- Ladder Digital
Want more International Social Media Manager jobs?
Want to find more Digital Campaign Executive jobs, Digital Campaign Manager jobs, Digital Marketing Manager jobs, Digital Strategists jobs, Social Media Executive jobs, Social Media Manager jobs, Marketing Executive jobs, Marketing Manager jobs, Strategy Manager jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.