Interior Designer (Senior) - International Restaurant Group
Harrison Pursey Ltd is a media/creative specialist agency, recruiting on behalf of a client.
This highly successful and rapidly expanding international restaurant group are looking for a Senior Interior Designer to join their In-house Design Studio, offering the opportunity to work on iconic and highly creative projects creating the coolest spaces in the world, with full involvement from concept through to working on site, in the UK and abroad.
With new openings scheduled in 7 countries in the next 3 years, this is an exciting time to join and be involved in the growth and success of the company as well as having scope for personal development.
6+ years of experience in either hospitality or a similar relevant field (ideally with an established studio in hospitality) and be very experienced with running and delivering projects; either hotels or restaurants
Leading several projects at a time, from concept to implementation, whilst managing a team of mid and junior designers.
- Delivering a strong design concept and creative vision through sketches and visualisation, adhering to budget and technical constraints.
- Space planning and production of full technical drawing packs, including a strong knowledge of joinery, furniture and construction detailing.
- Developing and maintaining strong communication with Client, Contractors, in-house Construction and Operations team.
- Overseeing all Contractor drawings.
- Regular site visits to track project progress with follow-up and feedback, understanding adherence to full construction programme, respecting program milestones.
- Coordination of MEP and services.
- Coordination and collaboration with FF&E team.
- Full management of dressing and installation phase.
- Full management of handover, full maintenance and care guide, project feedback and snagging.
- Awareness of current style trends as well as the wider restaurant industry.
- Awareness of budget and value engineering where necessary.
- A strong knowledge and understanding of finishes and materials.
- Mentoring and managing mid and junior members of the team.
- Contributing towards recruitment and development of the Studio and practice.
- Ensure the Studio standards are executed within all design documentation.
- An extremely high level of AutoCAD is essential.
- Good proficiency in SketchUp, Photoshop, InDesign and Microsoft Office.
- Strong freehand sketching abilities.
- Strong Project Management skills.
- Able to work well under pressure and to deadlines.
- Good eye for colour and materials, good style and taste.
- Good managerial skills.
- Pragmatic with good problem-solving skills.
- Positive attitude and team spirited!
- Good initiative as well as an ability to follow instructions.
This is a very busy, hands-on role which will suit somebody who is genuinely hard working and creative. You will be part of a friendly and collaborative team in a company with a unique ethos and style which will require you to be confident and bold in your work, with conviction in your ideas. Must be willing and able to travel to project sites.
Start Date: ASAP Please send your portfolio with your CV and state your salary requirements.
Other jobs you may be interested in
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.