WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Warner Bros. has been entertaining audiences for more than 90 years through the world’s most-loved characters and franchises.
As part of the Sponsored Features team, the Interactive Designer is a highly conceptual, visual storyteller who is responsible for helping lead design direction from concept to completion.
The interactive designer will partner with producers, writers and the broader CNN Digital Design team to enrich our projects with sophisticated and elegant design solutions. Interactive designers specialize in information design, layout, and experience design, focusing on innovative and experimental story presentation.
- Identify and pitch visual story ideas to the Sponsored Features team.
- Be the main point of contact between the CNN Digital Design team, and the Sponsored Features unit.
- Partner with producers, writers and editors to brainstorm the visual direction for stories and interactive graphics.
- Help execute design direction for visual stories on digital platforms.
- Work with TV design teams to ensure multiplatform campaigns have a consistent look and feel.
- Help conceive and execute design direction for sponsored interactive projects.
- Work to establish consistent visual identity on longer-term / expansive projects, while staying true to the CNN brand.
- Collaborate with other design units to refine standards and best practices for storytelling forms including data visualizations, interactives, photography, illustrations, and animations.
You will need:
- You are enthusiastic about excellent visual journalism and can share that enthusiasm with patience and clarity.
- You're comfortable working collaboratively, individually and with cross-functional teams.
- You have a strong command of typography, color theory, information design + hierarchy, interface design, photography and composition.
- Highly proficient in modern design software (Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch) as well as prototyping software (InVision, Adobe XD).
- Experience with integration software (Zeplin, Git, etc.) is a plus. Web development skills (HTML, CSS, JS) is also a plus, but not required.
- You’re detail-oriented, highly organized and deadline-driven, and comfortable working on tight deadlines in a fast-paced breaking news environment.
- You’re a creative problem solver, with a curiosity to learn new skills.
This role comes with a competitive salary and a wide range of benefits and perks, including private medical, generous pension contribution and company bonus. You’ll have 28 days holiday and we’ll also give you 40 hours per year for you to use for volunteering or charitable work.
Many of our employees work flexibly in many different ways, including flexible hours or an element of working from home. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility you need.
We are currently based in Old Street.
Director of Experience - Design, Content, and User Research
Closing 3 June 2020
- 20,000 to 30,000 p/a
Head of Experience Design
Closing 2 June 2020
Want more Interactive Designer jobs?
Want to find more Product Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Web Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.