Interactive Designer - NBC Sports
The Interactive Web Designer is responsible for helping shape design of NBC Sports digital properties including brand, look and feel and usability, with the overarching goal of providing an excellent user experience. This position will also be charged with ensuring high creative standards and delivering innovative design solutions. The ideal candidate will be able to visualize and execute online stories, interactive features/sports packages, mobile applications, promotional/marketing and sales materials.
- Work closely with Creative Director, Designers and Developers to create a world-class user experience.
- Contribute and collaborate with team members in making key product decisions.
- Responsible for meeting expectations and deliverables on time and in high quality.
- Create the appropriate UX / UI solution and defining the vision of the end-to-end user experience.
- Be experienced in the application of user-centered philosophies and interaction design best practices.
- Be an end-user advocate, driving user needs and goals into both creative and pragmatic design solutions.
- Demonstrate the ability to quickly execute design work with a high standard for quality within time and technical constraints.
- Design HTML emails that display properly in multiple clients and understand format limitations.
- Experience in creating iconography.
- Designing page layouts and custom graphics, formatting content, creating CSS.
- You will be expected to stay up to date on current trends in interaction design for web, mobile, desktop, and tablet apps.
- BS or BA in Interaction Design, Graphic Design or Communication Design or related field.
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience working knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator InDesign.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience designing for Apple iOS, Android and Android platforms.
- Demonstrated ability in typography, layout and color with comfort in a range of styles.
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience of web and mobile standards, best practices, design and usability principles, and constraints within web, mobile and e-mail formats.
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience working with interactive developers and project managers to create a highly polished visual experience.
- Usability expertise.
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV to be considered (note job #: ).
- Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice.
- Must be willing to work in Stamford, CT.
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal’ s affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
- Self-motivated, well organized, with solid time-management skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong presentation and communication skills.
- Experience in designing navigation flows and wireframes a plus.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
Staff UX Designer
Closing 12 October 2019
Senior Designer, Women's Bottoms, Signature & Denizen
Closing 12 October 2019
- San Francisco
Want more Interactive Designer - NBC Sports jobs?
Want to find more Product Designer jobs, App Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Web Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.