The candidate should possess comprehensive knowledge of the design cycle from research, requirements gathering, to design iteration, validation, and QA. In the role, the candidate will own the design aspect of a product’s development process.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Supporting the Customer Care group across a variety of design needs, including product design end-to-end (a new or overhauled experience), small, feature-level designs, or general consultation on UX or aesthetics.
- Meeting directly with your “customers” (the array of Customer Care teams requesting outputs) to be briefed and ensure you fully understand their needs and key metrics.
- Clearly communicating your outputs and design thinking to an array of audiences and in an array of forums, including internal design reviews, high-level leadership reviews, and handoffs to developers.
- Acting as the Customer Care steward for style and branding, both overall and for sub-brands like Premium Care.
- In the instances where design work is done externally, acting as a stakeholder to ensure everything aligns with Care strategy and aesthetics.
- Participating in prototyping/concept exercises as needed in the Customer Care group.
- Working closely with the Director, Search and Content Strategy to ensure each output aligns with high-level strategic objectives and low-level tactical objectives like SEO.
- Managing your time and that of your team in order to balance priorities, in collaboration with project management.
Skills and Qualifications:
- 12 or more years demonstrated experience and a bachelor's degree.
- Excellent taste: you know what good looks like, and if a design falls short of that mark, can establish clear steps to get it there.
- Demonstrated experience with product design, both at the micro level (e.g. forms and buttons) and the macro level (minimizing friction through key user flows).
- Ability to build an experience end-to-end, meaning your skill set needs to include initial strategy, wire framing, design, and delivered, development-ready outputs.
- Technical know-how, enough to understand things like dynamic elements and APIs, as they relate to delivering a design that effectively considers as many states and edge cases as possible.
- A clear understanding of the balance between data and intuition-driven design. Importantly, you’re capable of requesting the right data when needed and able to interpret it to clarify design decisions.
- Experience across a variety of clients and viewports is preferred, including desktop web, mobile web, and native mobile.
- Ability to guide more junior team members on their outputs so the design team is delivering draft designs with one, unified voice.
- Working knowledge of user testing: what to test and how to make the most of the resulting data.
- Prior experience with customer care (support) product experiences is a plus, but not required.
- Some sample design outputs and an ability to dissect how and why certain decisions were made.
- Design tool experience: UX (Sketch, Adobe XD, etc.), UI (Photoshop, Figma, etc.), prototyping (InVision, Zeplin, etc.), and project management (JIRA, Confluence, etc.).
Samsung Electronics America, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce, and provides Equal Employment Opportunity for all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Closing 12 December 2019
- Santa Clara Valley
UX Design Manager
Closing 4 December 2019
- San Francisco
Want more Interaction Designer jobs?
Want to find more Product Designer jobs, App Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Web Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.