As an Interaction Designer you are expected to do:
• User interface design: Be the driving force in a multidisciplinary design team in terms of generating and perfecting elegant user interface concepts during design incubation sprints. Your designs should adhere to best practices and may require alignment with visual design and branding guidelines.
• User insight elicitation and visualization: Have a passion for getting to know and understanding users. Apply a range of elicitation techniques throughout design sprints and leverage your design skills to visualize learnings for stakeholders.
• Design thinking: Be knowledgeable about and able to apply design thinking principles in design sprints. Help inexperienced stakeholders by means of leading by doing.
• Collaborative design and development: As a member of a team of designers (UI/UX/Strategic) develop new opportunities through design sprints.
• Innovation & business strategy: Able to quickly understand business processes and strategy. Be curious about how innovation can help solve business challenges and drive more value for our customers.
• Business Intelligence: Understand the business and Industry landscape including strategic priorities, challenges and how this relates to the wider enterprise strategy and competitive landscape.
• Strategy and Research: Conducting quantitative and qualitative researches that help strategically frame, validate or challenge new opportunities within the Digitalisation space.
To succeed in the role, you must have:
•Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer both now and in the future.
•Bachelor’s degree in design or equivalent area.
•5+ years relevant work experience in the design industry.
•Ability to create deliverables that span from concepts/personas/user journeys/storyboards to wireframes/visual design components and prototypes.
•Strong communication skills with the ability to articulate positions and advocate designs.
•A passion for exploring and solving complex problems through design.
•Strong experience in producing User Interface concept designs for responsive applications across web, tablet, and mobile platforms.
•Expert level skills in Adobe Creative Suite; experience with Sketch, Figma (or other market standard prototyping tools) preferred.
•Working understanding of web and mobile usability best practices.
•Experience of running design sprints; sprint methodology.
•Strong communicative skills: able to help business stakeholders with little experience in IT & interface design develop their ideas and transform in tangible visuals.
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemical companies with about 84,000 employees across more than 70 countries. We aim to meet the world’s growing need for more and cleaner energy solutions in ways that are economically, environmentally and socially responsible. We have expertise in exploration, production, refining and marketing of oil and natural gas, and the manufacturing and marketing of chemicals.
As a global energy company operating in a challenging world, we set high standards of performance and ethical behaviors. We are judged by how we act and how we live up to our core values of honesty, integrity and respect for people. Our Business Principles are based on these.
They promote trust, openness, teamwork and professionalism, as well as pride in what we do and how we conduct business.Building on our core values, we aspire to sustain a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone feels respected and valued, from our employees to our customers and partners. A diverse workforce and an inclusive work environment are vital to our success, leading to greater innovation and better energy solutions.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell participates in E-Verify.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.
Sr. UX Designer
Closing 3 June 2020
- San Jose
Product Design, UX
Closing 3 June 2020
- San Francisco
Want more Interaction Designer jobs?
Want to find more Product Designer jobs, App Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Web Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.