Interaction Designer - GoogleThis job listing has expired
Design and user experience (UX) are at the forefront of everything we do. The job of an Interaction Designer is to envision how people experience our products and bring that vision to life in a way that feels inspired, refined and even magical. In an Interaction Designer role, you’ll take on complex tasks and transform them into intuitive, accessible and easy-to-use designs for billions of people around the world—from the first-time user to the sophisticated expert. Achieving this goal requires collaboration with teams of Designers, Researchers, Engineers and Product Managers throughout the design process—from creating user flows and wireframes to building user interface mockups and prototypes. At each stage, you will anticipate what our users need, advocate for them and ensure that the final product surprises and delights them.
Opening date for applications: 28th April 2017
Closing date for applications: 26th May 2017
Competitive salary applies.
The web is what you make of it, and the Chrome and Apps team is helping the world make more of the web. From open-source pros to user-experience extraordinaires, the team develops products like Chrome OS, Gmail and Google Docs that help users connect, communicate and collaborate with others. Our consumer products and cloud platform are giving millions of users at homes, businesses, universities and nonprofits around the world the tools that shape their web experience -- and changing the way they think about computing.
- Define the information architecture and design language of products, and ensure this fits into the overall tone of Google's communications while also working effectively in a challenging and broad technical environment.
- Be responsible for all stages of design, and think strategically while executing with great attention to detail.
- Work with Product and Engineering teams to drive long-term vision and to meet goals, while also deciding the strategic priorities for products.
- Institute excellent operational processes so that Design and Engineering teams work closely and effectively together. Manage external contract designers, wherever necessary.
- Detail the workflow experience of our users, and design compelling knowledge and entertainment products for global emerging markets that cement Google's relationship with our users.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- MA/MS degree or post-graduate degree in Visual Communication, Product Design, Industrial Design or Information Design.
- Experience in designing usable web-based and/or mobile interfaces.
- Experience using Photoshop or Fireworks.
- Knowledge of cross-browser issues and strategies for designing compatible User Interfaces (UIs).
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Sorry this job has been removed from Creativepool
Creative Director for The Sofa and Chair Company
Closing 11 November 2017
- The Sofa And Chair Company
- London (West)
- perm, temp, temp to perm
Senior Design Manager, Creative Studio for FitFlop
Closing 15 November 2017
- Competitive + Bonus + Benefits
Want more Interaction Designer - Google jobs?
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.