Interaction Designer - Google
Design and user experience (UX) are at the forefront of everything we do. The job of an Interaction Designer is to envision how people experience our products and bring that vision to life in a way that feels inspired, refined and even magical. In an Interaction Designer role, you’ll handle complex tasks and transform them into intuitive, accessible and easy-to-use designs for billions of people around the world—from the first-time user to the sophisticated expert. Achieving this goal requires collaboration with teams of Designers, Researchers, Engineers and Product Managers throughout the design process—from creating user flows and wireframes to building user interface mockups and prototypes. At each stage, you will anticipate what our users need, advocate for them and ensure that the final product surprises and delights them.
As an Interaction Designer, you are comfortable with complexity and designing from features to product strategies and are able to work closely with many different stakeholders and drive alignment and convergence. You'll have cross-UX impact and a wide surface area in the organization. You will also be working within a team of multi-talented UX Designers, Quantitate and Qualitative Researchers and UX Writers, partnering with Product Management and Engineering within our product area and collaborating across Publisher products.
Google is and always will be an engineering company. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to handle some of technology's greatest challenges and make an impact on millions, if not billions, of users. At Google, engineers not only revolutionize search, they routinely work on massive scalability and storage solutions, large-scale applications and entirely new platforms for developers around the world. From AdWords to Chrome, Android to YouTube, Social to Local, Google engineers are changing the world one technological achievement after another.
- Develop product strategy partnering with Product Management and Engineering teams.
- Create new designs, including (but not limited to) high-level and/or detailed user flows, wireframes, mockups, and prototypes to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas.
- Communicate design intent to teams and stakeholders. Rationalize and justify design work and advocate for users’ needs.
- Collaborate with, and develop mutual respect and trust with, Product/Program Managers, Engineers and Designers.
- Define and drive user experience research and usability studies to gauge the usability of new and existing products and make constructive suggestions for change and optimization.
- BA/BS degree in Design (Interaction, Graphic, Visual Communications, Product, Industrial, etc), Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), Computer Science (CS) or a related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience designing desktop or web applications, from pre to post-launch.
- Portfolio of work demonstrating core interaction and visual design skills.
- Master's degree in Design (Interaction, Graphic, Visual Communications, Product, Industrial, etc), HCI, CS, or a related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in designing complex desktop or web applications, solving interaction challenges.
- Experience with interaction design, with the ability to create confident and clean visual designs.
- Experience in defining and expanding design systems, components and patterns.
- Excellent leadership, communication and teamwork skills.
Mid-Weight Designer for Sandals (Unique Vacations UK)
Closing 14 March 2018
- Unique Vacations UK LTD
Digital Designer (Rolling Contract) for Space
Closing 6 March 2018
- Space 01
- temp, part time, from remote
Want more Interaction Designer - Google jobs?
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.