Instagram UX Product Researcher, Well-being (Mixed Methods)
Instagram is a global community of more than 1 billion, which means jobs here offer countless ways to make an impact in a fast growing organization. Instagram was built to connect people to the people and interests they love. Our app has played a critical part in forming meaningful communities where people can connect with each other and share what matters most to them.
Come join a diverse and collaborative team of researchers who work directly with product design to make the best social platform for Instagram's billion users. Our work aims to understand the people who use our products, gleaning insights to drive product direction and strategy. For this position, we are looking for a range from specialists to methodological generalists, with skills in quantitative and qualitative research methods.
Our primary research ranges from formative to evaluative, using approaches such as quantitative surveys, diary studies, in-depth interviews, and contextual inquiries. For this position, we are looking for individuals with a mixed-methods background (experts in both qualitative and quantitative methods) and who bring an understanding of how to integrate diverse sources of insights. The right candidates will be effective communicators who have done rigorous, creative, impactful primary research, who are passionate about bringing access of Instagram to people around the world, and who are comfortable in a flat, fast-moving, collaborative organization.
- Work closely with product teams, as well as other researchers, to identify important research questions.
- Act as a thought leader in the domain of research, while advocating for people who use our products.
- Design and execute studies that address both user behavior and attitudes, using the right methodology for the right question.
- Generate insights that shape how product teams think about medium and long-term product strategy .
- Work cross-functionally with many stakeholders including product management, data science, design, engineering, and marketing.
- Communicate insights in creative and compelling ways .
- Mentor other researchers, and maintain our team's high standard of work.
- Bachelor in Computer Science, Human Computer Interaction, Information Science, Psychology, or Social Science.
- 3 or more years of experience with research.
- Experience with applied statistics.
- Experience with qualitative and user-centered design methods (individual and group interviews, diary studies, direct observation, think-aloud usability testing, etc.) .
- Experience with quantitative research (survey design, response effects, sampling, crosstabs, and statistical concepts, etc.).
- Knowledge of quantitative, behavioral analysis and statistical concepts.
- Experience using SPSS, SAS, R, MATLAB, or similar statistical packages.
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) or Master in Computer Science, Human Computer Interaction, Psychology, or Social Science.
- 5 or more years of experience with research.
Instagram is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Instagram is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability.
Sr. Staff Designer
Closing 12 October 2019
Staff UX Designer
Closing 12 October 2019
Want more Instagram UX Product Researcher, Well-being (Mixed Methods) jobs?
Want to find more User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Digital Researchers jobs, Researcher jobs, Assistant Researcher jobs, Development Researcher jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.