As the UK’s leading Cycle retailer, creating our own unique and exciting product is vital to our success. We are looking for an Industrial / Technical designer to accelerate our cycling range development and ensure it is market leading and delights our customers with features, prices and function.
New design is the key requirement of this role, so we are looking for someone who can bring new ideas, think unconventionally and with imagination – taking our cycling range to a higher level and into whole new areas.
We are looking for someone who can listen to our customers, and take their requirements into innovative and interesting products
- This is a critical new role, and the candidate will be expected to be part of the centre of the creative and technical development of cycle design in Halfords.
- Deliver imaginative, creative designs translating user and technical requirements into meaningful, exciting designs, concepts or proposals.
- Research new ideas and concepts.
- Visit trade shows and suppliers for new ideas and inspiration.
- Create 3d designs for evaluation and for production.
- Research and develop new product ideas.
- Work with the Head of Design and the rest of the team to create new products and opportunities.
- Balancing the often-opposing pulls of customer value, performance and margin.
- Liaising with rest of the commercial, product and technical team.
- A good degree in a design, creative or technical subject.
- Over 3 years’ experience in product design, development or Industrial design.
- Proficient in the full suite of Microsoft office product.
- A technical understanding of electric systems, and batteries is ideal but not essential.
- Experience and competence with 3d/2d design systems like Solidworks.
- Team worker, with experience of working with a multi-level, multi-disciplined team.
- A proven ability to work at pace in a high pressure environment.
- Experience with working with manufacturing, ideally in Asia.
- Commercial awareness.
- Passion for cycling of any kind is desired, but more important is the desire to create better products to encourage more people to cycle more often.
- Experience of working with retail is desirable.
Closing 19 January 2021
- Careers In Design Recruitment Ltd
- £20,000 to 50,000 per annum
Closing 18 January 2021
Want more Industrial Designer jobs?
Want to find more 3D Artist jobs, Industrial Design Engineer jobs, Industrial Designer jobs, Product Designer jobs, 3D Designer jobs, 3D Modeller jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.