Industrial Design Lead
EDMIRE is looking for ...
a candidate who has at least eight years of professional experience with industrial design studios, and who would describe themselves as
- a natural troubleshooter,
- decision maker, and problem solver;
- a true team leader;
- a hands-on designer;
- a sustainability expert; s
- omeone with a heightened sense of reality;
- someone with a ‘Carpe Diem’-style of being;
- someone people enjoy talking to;
- someone who is mature in the workplace, but who maintains a young spirit;
- someone who will guide their team of young designers in a collaborative way based on experience;
- someone who is still eager to create their own designs.
Edmire is a young and dynamic design and innovation studio that creates atypical yet well thought-out designs with an eye for sustainability. It is Edmire’s goal to work towards a brighter environmental future. We believe that mindful design positively contributes to our planet, because everything we develop has an impact on days to come. However, we want to be a holistic example in all corporate areas, not just when it comes to design. We therefore strive to obtain a B-corp certificate as a token of our values. Our design ideas and concepts are backed up by a sustainable strategic vision, innovative ideas, and emotional storytelling. An enthusiastic group of ten designers - whom all have expertise in research and strategy, industrial design or brand design - work together as an ambitious team. In addition to the development of personal projects, Edmire designs various products on behalf of clients such as Boma, Babymatters, Soudal, Leo Papers products, Greenspeed, Care.org, Future Cleaning Technologies ...
The Industrial Design Lead of Edmire is responsible for the development of meaningful and useful products for our customers. Therefore, you must know exactly how to turn the customer's vision and wishes into an innovative and exclusive product.
- You manage a team of designers, and support the Operations Director in the proper execution of the planning in a timely manner.
- You report directly to the Operations Director.
- You know how to seamlessly pair off your task as a design director with those of executing designs. This means you will not be merely managing, you will also get the space to come up with your own design projects.
- Your personal experience strengthens the team and you enjoy sharing your know-how and tips ’n’ tricks concerning the use of materials, production techniques, design components.
- You know how to motivate a team and how to work with clients in a thoughtful and enthusiastic manner.
- You have a M.A. degree in Industrial Design (or a similarly relevant degree).
- You have at least five years of experience as an Industrial Designer.
- You are a born leader. Because of you, your team is coordinated flawlessly and everyone collaborates as efficiently as possible.
- Quality is by far the most important value in everything you do. You aren’t content until all details have been laid out perfectly.
- You are capable to deal with instructions of clients and those of the Operations Director, the latter who will annoy you every now and then when it comes to the planning or the content of a project.
- You are creative, hands-on, and a team player.
- You are capable to direct and convey knowledge in a mature manner with flair.
- You have an eye for detail and a healthy way of doing business.
- Speaking in front of a crowd does not intimidate you.
- You are a positive person and will never show any frustrations towards your team.
- You have a long term vision: you are capable to work on both quick win projects and projects that run for several years and you look for a perfect balance between both in favor of your team.
dealing with customers
- You know how to transform the client’s inquiry into a ‘why-how-what’ analysis.
- You use design methods that always put the user first.
- You are comfortable with organizing and managing workshops.
- You are capable to translate strategic issues and needs of the user into made-to-measure solutions.
- You are an all-round designer who stands strong in the technical field.
- You are a wizard when it comes to ‘visual’ skills in 2D & 3D.
- You are familiar with the development of concepts.
- You are a master in parametric and surface design, with a preference for Solidworks.
- You can build prototypes and mockups.
- Some experience with Harvest, Forecast and Excel is also a plus, but not a must.
- Full-time contract (40 hours): 20 days of legal leave + 12 ADV days.
- Part-time (⅘) is negotiable.
- Meal vouchers.
- DKV hospitalization insurance with the option to add family members.
- Bike allowance.
- Cell phone subscription.
- A fresh and healthy lunch every day.
- Bicycle lease is negotiable.
- Yearly budget for relevant courses/training.
- Share in the company.
- Annual collective bonus based on accomplished profits.
Want more Industrial Design Lead jobs?
Want to find more Creative Team jobs, Design Director jobs, Design Technician jobs, Industrial Designer jobs, Product Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.