IT Experience Designer (UX)
Do you want to define the digital user experiences of the future? We’re seeking a champion of design to embrace this unique role, driving the success of our digital products. With all the professional and personal opportunities, you’d expect from a positive, global company.
Where you fit in:
Shell has a passionate commitment to doing things differently, taking a unique, innovative approach in balancing human-centred and digital design with an agile technology capability – tackling complexity to discover meaning.
With a huge variety of potential projects and digital products to build across businesses and geographies. This is a digital design role where you can expect to be challenged to think and do differently. Getting involved at every stage, from discovery and design, executing and optimising, at scale.
What's the role?
An Experience Designer (UX) who can be hands when required as well as leading the experience workstream of projects. A holistic thinker, looking at, yet also beyond, the digital screen towards across all touchpoints that deliver on product experience. Someone who embraces empathetic research building the foundation from which to define and design people’s relationship with energy.
What we need from you:
We’re keen to hear those who can demonstrate an experience and an ambition that’s broader than ‘design’ alone; that extends into human-centred innovation. Along with an appreciation of the commercial landscape, we’d also hope to see some of the following on your CV:
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer.
- Bachelor's Degree related to Information Technology or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in delivering, influencing, shaping direction of creation best in class user experience.
- Experience in converting insights and requirements derived from user research, business stakeholders and data analysis into practical execution.
- Strategic approach to problem-solving and ability to think far beyond the user interface.
- Strong knowledge and proven practical execution of Customer Centric Design Principles.
- Demonstratable commercial Analytical focus with a emphasis on learning, experimenting and improving.
- Experience in designing user experience for responsive websites and mobile and tablet applications for iOS and Android as well as non-digital ecosystems.
- Experience in designing wireframes, UX flows, customer journey map, and low and high-fidelity prototypes.
- Experts proficiency with design tools such as: Sketch, Adobe XD, inVision Studio, Zeplin, Axure RP.
- Experience in planning and conducting user research, usability testing, interpret feedback and incorporate into future iterations.
- Experience in facilitation of Design Workshops with a variety of stake holders at all levels of an organisation.
- Nice to have multiple languages (English +X).
- Strong Portfolio that your proud of that include a collection of case studies that show your capability in design.
- Full understanding of the design and development lifecycle and a track record of launched modern responsive websites and mobile applications for iOS and Android.
- Proven experience practice knowledge working in Agile Projects from user stories and backlog management to acceptance criteria.
- Capable of juggling multiple projects and related complexities at the same time with a broad range of stakeholders.
- A real breadth of skills – from research to workshop facilitation to crafting prototypes and experiences.
- Highly independent, flexible and adapting to evolving environments, with well-developed people skills.
- A confident and passionate designer but down to earth, humble and personable.
- Key sense of people and team.
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemical companies with about 84,000 employees across more than 70 countries. We aim to meet the world’s growing need for more and cleaner energy solutions in ways that are economically, environmentally and socially responsible. We have expertise in exploration, production, refining and marketing of oil and natural gas, and the manufacturing and marketing of chemicals.
As a global energy company operating in a challenging world, we set high standards of performance and ethical behaviors. We are judged by how we act and how we live up to our core values of honesty, integrity and respect for people. Our Business Principles are based on these. They promote trust, openness, teamwork and professionalism, as well as pride in what we do and how we conduct business. Building on our core values, we aspire to sustain a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone feels respected and valued, from our employees to our customers and partners. A diverse workforce and an inclusive work environment are vital to our success, leading to greater innovation and better energy solutions.
An innovative place to work:
There’s never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you’ll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future – whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently.
A rewarding place to work:
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We’re huge advocates for career development. We’ll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell participates in E-Verify.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.
Senior User Experience Designer
Closing 3 June 2020
Closing 3 June 2020
- San Jose
Want more IT Experience Designer (UX) jobs?
Want to find more Product Designer jobs, App Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Web Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.