IT Design Researcher (UX)
Do you want to define the products of the future? We’re seeking a champion of UX Research to embrace this unique role, driving the success of our products. With all the professional and personal opportunities, you’d expect from a positive, global company.
Where you fit in:
Shell has a passionate commitment to doing things differently, taking a unique, innovative approach in balancing human-centred and design with an agile technology capability – tackling complexity to discover meaning.
With a huge variety of potential projects and digital and non-digital products to build across businesses and geographies, this is a design role where you can expect to be challenged to think and do differently. Getting involved at every stage, from discovery and design, executing and optimising, at scale.
What's the role?
Managing the gathering of observations in human needs which inform actionable insights, frameworks and principles that inspire the creation of meaningful and business viable products, services and experiences.
Helps to transform and grow their businesses, define meaningful products and services, enter new markets, attract new consumers, empower employees and strengthen their positions and purpose.
What we need from you:
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer.
- Nice to have a Degree in psychology, or related discipline.
- Minimum five (5) years professional agency side and / or client-side experience as a Senior Researcher in Qualitative & Quantitative research techniques, ethnography, research tools, methodologies and opportunity framework.
- Experts proficiency in conducting research exercises and applying creative processes that explore human-centered solutions- making insights actionable and scalable to help identify how to make better products and services as well as new business ideas.
- Demonstratable experience in forming and executing research strategies.
- Proven and demonstratable examples working on digital transformation projects in multi-disciplinary teams and with across different part of the business and geographies.
- Experience in conducting research in all stages of the design process and product lifecycle.
- Delivering, influencing, shaping direction of creating best in class digital and non-digital Products and Services. Managing operational research; from recruitment, team management, whether internal or with third parties.
- Expert proficiency in:
- Research planning.
- Participant selection.
- High level and detail testing scripts with success criteria.
- One to one user interviews.
- Focus groups.
- Moderated and unmoderated testing. Onsite or remote (online surveys, click tests, tree tests, card sorts etc.).
- Usability testing sessions across multiple platforms (in person and remotely).
- Experience working with tools such as UserTesting.com, User Zoom, Usabilia etc.
- Ethnographic research / Contextual enquiries / Longitudinal, Diary studies etc.
- Expert review.
- Experts proficiency in writing discussion guides and surveys.
- Experts proficiency in analyzing and research creation of report.
- Experience in presenting findings and recommendations to senior stakeholders in a variety of formats to suit operational need.
- Experience of & enjoys mentoring junior researchers.
- Ability to use Start-up mentality, and practical execution of a true nature of Agile Product or Service Development.
- Strategic approach to problem-solving.
- Strong knowledge and proven practical execution of Customer Centric Design Principles.
- Demonstratable commercial Analytical focus with emphasis on learning, experimenting and improving.
- Nice to have multiple languages (English +X).
- Strong Portfolio that include a collection of case studies.
- Capable of juggling multiple projects and related complexities at the same time with a broad range of stakeholders.
- Sensitive for different cultures, and human behaviors.
- Naturally curious problem solver.
- Customer Insights-focused client opportunities.
- Independent, flexible and adapting to evolving environments, with well-developed people skills.
- A confident and passionate designer but down to earth, humble and personable.
- Key sense of people and team.
- Pragmatic and adaptive.
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemical companies with about 84,000 employees across more than 70 countries. We aim to meet the world’s growing need for more and cleaner energy solutions in ways that are economically, environmentally and socially responsible. We have expertise in exploration, production, refining and marketing of oil and natural gas, and the manufacturing and marketing of chemicals.
As a global energy company operating in a challenging world, we set high standards of performance and ethical behaviors. We are judged by how we act and how we live up to our core values of honesty, integrity and respect for people. Our Business Principles are based on these. They promote trust, openness, teamwork and professionalism, as well as pride in what we do and how we conduct business.
Building on our core values, we aspire to sustain a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone feels respected and valued, from our employees to our customers and partners. A diverse workforce and an inclusive work environment are vital to our success, leading to greater innovation and better energy solutions.
An innovative place to work:
There’s never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you’ll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future – whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently.
A rewarding place to work:
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We’re huge advocates for career development. We’ll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell participates in E-Verify.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.
Closing 6 June 2020
- San Francisco, San Jose
Digital Design Internship, SNKRS
Closing 6 June 2020
- New York
Want more IT Design Researcher (UX) jobs?
Want to find more Design Manager jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Digital Researchers jobs, Researcher jobs, Assistant Researcher jobs, Development Researcher jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.