Home Page Editor – Sky Sports
Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 6 countries, make your mark at Europe’s leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
This is an exciting opportunity for a journalist to join our team in the role of Home Page Editor. It’s a key role in our team, ensuring that Sky Sports digital content is of the highest editorial standard and that key destination pages across our digital estate remain relevant and consistent.
What you’ll do:
- Take responsibility for the curation and display of all digital content on our Home Pages across all Sky Sports Digital Media platforms (skysports, Sky Sports Mobile applications, Sky Q).
- Under the direction of the Football Editor, Sports Editor and Output Editors, sub-edit copy, write headlines and other page furniture to the highest possible standards and in keeping with the tone, Sky Sports house style and editorial direction of our digital platforms.
- Assist the Output Editor and News Editors to ensure our digital platforms are aligned with the Sky Sports News linear and reflect the stories and issues of the day.
- Join a great team of social media journalists and video producers working on premium sport, including Premier League, WSL, international cricket, Formula 1, world class boxing and much more.
What you’ll bring:
- A passion and knowledge for sport, in particular football.
- Experience of online writing, sub editing and platform management.
- An eye for detail, seeing what others miss when creating digital journalism
- Ability to display sound news judgement in a pressurised environment
- A desire to work in a team environment, delivering ideas on how we can improve our content proposition
We deliver the most innovative and best Sports content experience to our customers across all platforms. We promote continuous innovation, driving value for our customers and high-quality output. Everyone is passionate about sport and proud of the work that they undertake both on screen and behind the scenes.
There’s a reason people can’t stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
- Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband
- Access a wide range of exclusive Sky VIP rewards and experiences
Where you’ll work:
Our Osterley Campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Gunnersbury, Ealing Broadway and South Ealing tube stations. There’s also plenty of bike shelters and showers.
On campus, you’ll find 13 subsidised restaurants, cafes, and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
We take pride in our approach to diversity and inclusion: we’ve been recognised by The Times and Stonewall for this, and we’ve committed £30million to support the fight against racial injustice. We’ve also set ambitious targets for increasing ethnic diversity and representation throughout our organisation.
At Sky we don’t just look at your CV. We’re more focused on who you are and your potential. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we’re happy to discuss flexible working.
And we’ll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can’t wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.
Other jobs you may be interested in
Senior Desk Editor - 12month FTC
Closing 16 March 2022
- NBCUniversal International
- perm, remote, temp to perm
Video Editor - CNN
Closing 15 March 2022
Finishing Video Editor (Versioning) - Channel 5 and Comedy Central
Closing 15 March 2022
Want more Home Page Editor – Sky Sports jobs?
Want to find more Digital Editor jobs, Deputy Editor jobs, Editor jobs, Features Editor jobs, Managing Editor jobs, Sub Editor jobs, Deputy Editor jobs, Managing Editor (Publishing) jobs, Publishing Editor jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.