Head of Words for Pearlfisher
Job title Head of Words
Location Pearlfisher London
- An exciting opportunity for a senior writer who has the ambition to make an impact through words for a future-focused design company.
We basically need you to
- Use the power of words to create desirable brand communication for Challenger and Iconic brands, conceptualising high-level brand communication as well as creating and crafting specific brand copy.
This is a key role requiring the highest level of
- Talent / Vision / Energy / Strategic acumen
You will show us that you have
- Experience in working across different brands and categories.
- Clear examples of writing for brand projects that demonstrate original solutions and recognisable results.
You will definitely need to be
- An original thinker.
- Able to see the big picture and produce clear, sharp, connected thinking building strong arguments that lead to big ideas.
- Able to analyse, contextualise, explore, distill and interpret complex pictures into meaningful stories.
- Able to express your thinking in impactful ways and bring to life big ideas to inspire our teams and our clients.
- Able to demonstrate a strong understanding of brands, a passion for brand building and the experience in solving diverse brand problems.
- Confident in representing our strategic expertise with knowledge and intelligence to build long-term strategic relationships with our clients.
- Naturally creative and able to ensure a strong ongoing connection between our strategic thinking and design solutions.
- A genuinely interesting person with a unique background and authentic sources of inspiration to enrich our work and our culture.
The bare minimum we need from you is
- Two to three years in a Senior writing role in an agency environment
And the technical skills you will need to have are
- GoogleDrive applications
Ideally, you will have experience of/exposure to
The role in detail
The role sits within Strategy and has two key aspects.
i. Strategic focus
Working closely with the Strategy team at strategy development stage, to develop:
- Creating strategies that define the unique voice, language and character of brands.
- Name creation for new brands and naming development across portfolios.
Ideas & Stories
- Expressing big brand ideas and shaping core brand stories as an essential part of brand strategies.
- Creating highly impactful pieces of brand storytelling (e.g. written narrative, film script, etc.) to bring to life powerful brand visions.
- Verbal audits and language analysis on a brand, category and cultural level to inform and inspire strategies/solutions.
ii. Creative focus
Working closely with the Design team at creative expression stage, to develop:
Words for design
- Exploring creative concepts with the design team and creating powerful words as part of design expressions.
- Developing and editing copy content for brand books and brand/design guidelines.
Copywriting & Rollout
- Rolling out and crafting specific copy across the brand experience (e.g. back of pack, in store, website)
Assessment of success
Success will be viewed and measured in three ways:
i. Creativity: creation of award-winning, effective words
ii. Commercial Effectiveness: timely responses to briefs, within budgeted hours and with minimal reworks
iii. Cultural Value: impact, value and contribution to our working culture.
You will report directly to Pearlfisher London’s Chief Strategy Officer. The role will also involve close consultation with Client Management, Design, and Marketing & Communications.
Please note that, due to the volume of applications and the need for our hiring team to assess these easily, we kindly ask that you upload your CV and some examples from your portfolio as a single PDF document that is smaller than 5MB. There is an opportunity to upload or link to a full portfolio as part of the application process, but the initial screening process will be based on this PDF, so please do choose your examples carefully.
When applying for this role you will be redirected to Pearlfishers careers site to complete a short application process, please note you will need to upload a CV and example of work to their website as desribed in the paragraph above
Closing 11 October 2018
- Dependent on experience
Closing 15 October 2018
- Kava Communications
Want more Head of Words jobs?
Want to find more Copywriter jobs, Creative Team jobs, Digital Copywriter jobs, Digital Creative Team jobs, Copywriting Journalist jobs, Feature Writer jobs, Staff Writer jobs, Writer jobs, Proofreader jobs, Copy Editor jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.