Head of Social & Editorial
Empowering 20-somethings to look, feel and be their best so they can achieve amazing things
At ASOS our 2,000+ ASOSers are immersed in the creative worlds, live on their mobiles and have a truly entrepreneurial attitude. As a company, we’re not trying to mimic or profit from youth culture – we are part of that youth culture.
There’s nothing that excites us more than finding talent, fuelling it, then letting it fly. Whether it’s developing the careers of our staff or investing in a new tech platform, we love knowing that we truly keep fashion moving forward.
Ultimately, we get excited by interesting individuals and we want to feed this individuality, empowering our people and customers to look, feel and be their best so they can achieve amazing things.
The Head of Global Social & Editorial is part of the Brand Experience department at ASOS, and works closely with Creative, Performance Marketing, Brand & Partnerships, and PR teams. The role of the Social & Editorial team is to produce incredible branded content that brings our products and brand to life for our 20 something audience.
We are seeking a digital and content marketing expert to head up the global social platforms, editorial/translations, ASOS Insiders and the global content marketing strategies for ASOS.
The ideal candidate should be an excellent creative thinker, passionate about customer and data and equally comfortable across technical and analytical problem solving. You will manage a global team and budget and will need to work closely and confidently with multiple teams. You will need to be commercially orientated and have a proven track record of clearly demonstrating social and editorial impact on business objectives.
This position leads the global cadence and creative output across ASOS’s social activity and editorial across our global channels; as a result the ideal candidate must work collaboratively with other BX teams and support the Brand Experience Director on advising on the best approach for paid across social channels.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Lead the global strategy and work with your direct team on the planning and execution of all social and editorial content.
- Work with channel specific teams to determine channel (CRM, SEO, Paid, Affiliates) and regional expectations; support across social, editorial/translations, revenue targets, budget allocation and goals.
- Set specific goals for branding versus performance initiatives, balance budget allocations and determine ROI expectations accordingly.
- Continuously monitor and suggest solutions for content at scale ensuring it exceeds performance metrics.
- Oversee the process between social and Customer Care to ensure that all social mentions of ASOS are reviewed and responded to as appropriate. Ensuring SLAs set are appropriate and met, and that tone and content is on-brand and customer-centric.
- Work with Creative and lead the creative vision of all social platforms to drive best in class content to drive brand loyalty, acquisition and engagement.
- Create a social-first culture: creative reviews, knowledge sharing, trial new tools and techniques, review of performance (Inc. competitors).
- Consult and develop bespoke social media strategies for all major launches – owned campaigns and brand launches
- Manage and own platform relationships (Facebook, YouTube etc), ensuring we are the go-to partners for innovation.
- Work with agency partners (social and translations) to create an agile operating model and leverage their experience and expertise to push in-house boundaries.
- Work with the Press and Performance Marketing team to build global influencer and affiliate communications/ processes and cadence.
- Be the key point person on all social and editorial, representing BX at a senior level within the business.
- Work with your teams on global analysis and reporting requests.
- Keep abreast of emerging trends and technologies ensuring we are at the forefront of innovation and testing.
- Manage budgets, targets and channel execution across social, Insiders, social boosting and editorial to hit internal customer, category and brand goals e.g. new customer growth, existing customer acquisition, category and brand sell through.
- Work with your team to develop and deliver the editorial tone of voice and work with the translations agency to ensure it is implemented across all channels.
- Champion customer-focused content at the heart of ASOS marketing campaigns.
- Line management of direct reports including development and training.
Skills and experience needed:
- Worked in data orientated organisations and able to confidently communicate customer and channel data at an executive/board level.
- Proven track record of inspiring creativity.
- High degree of personal and professional familiarity with Instagram, Facebook, Snapchat, YouTube etc.
- Strong editorial sensibilities, from setting tone to having great taste when it comes to ensuring content is on tone (and strategy).
- Strong understanding of brand strategy with relevant experience helping to define and build brands.
- Held similar positions and managed large social/content teams for the most innovative brands or news organisations.
- Experience working with large content and paid budgets (responsible for 1.6M content and boosting budget).
- Strong editorial and creative skills.
- Fantastic leadership skills.
- Refined fashion sense and solid understanding of the 20 something customer .
- Passionate about social media, digital trends, and editorial.
- Driven self-starter, with an entrepreneurial mindset, who thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Analytical, and able to both learn from and utilise data to build strategy and tell stories.
- Strong communication skills and collaborative personality.
- Positive and team oriented.
- Able and willing to take considered risks. Digital media is a developing space and the ability to make decisions about which risks to pursue, and which not to, is really important – as is the ability to assess and learn from those activities.
Video Editor, Apple Media Products Design
Closing 12 December 2019
Paid Social And Display Manager
Closing 12 December 2019
Want more Head of Social & Editorial jobs?
Want to find more Digital Editor jobs, Social Media Executive jobs, Social Media Manager jobs, Deputy Editor jobs, Editor jobs, Editorial Director jobs, Features Editor jobs, Managing Editor jobs, Production Editor jobs, Deputy Editor jobs, Offline Editor jobs, Online Editor jobs, Managing Editor (Publishing) jobs, Publishing Editor jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.