Head of Product Design
You'll report into the Director of Product the Head of Design. You will be responsible for all aspects of design in Betfair across mobile and web. Working closely with peers in product and development the Head of Design will define and deliver the design strategy, while also enabling their team to deliver superior, delightful, and engaging user experiences across all our products.
What you'll be doing...
- Responsible for all aspects of design across mobile and web, be that directly through the Betfair design team or indirectly by influencing others and advocating for Betfair.
- Be at the forefront of forging collaborative relationships with product, development and design teams that work across multiple brands.
- Aligning the Design team to meet the needs of customers and the business day to day and long term
- Defining strategic team initiatives such as standards, guidelines, frameworks and tooling.
- Managing the expectations of senior stakeholders to enable them to understand the need for robust UX and visual design processes, including design thinking, research and testing.
- Drive a culture of continuous improvement within the team.
- Connect strategy and vision to the day-to-day by exciting and inspiring your team, stakeholders and peers.
- Identify a balance between ‘the right way to do things' and the ‘right now we need to do things this way' to achieve our goals and bring the team on the journey.
- Over communicate on all decisions which may impact the design team.
- Recruit top talent into the team.
- Accelerating strategic design delivery and ways of working.
- Infuse hypothesis-driven and experimental ways of working to all strategic and tactical activities.
- Build feedback loops into every level of design to improve the flow of value.
What we're looking for...
- Experience delivering multi-platform web and mobile applications.
- Experience in a leadership role managing and growing design teams of multiple people.
- Evidence of leading teams that have delivered a positive ROI using design thinking with a track record of consistently improving product KPI's through iterative design delivery.
- Experience using different methodologies and techniques to get to solutions that meet user needs and the ability to adapt based on the context and the problem to be solved
- Ability to balance a keen desire for innovation and drive high standards to fulfil business needs and customer expectations.
- An analytical mind - the ability to identify where research is needed and analyse existing data to inform product decisions and strategy.
- Comfort launching imperfect solutions and taking tough decisions on priorities.
- Excellent understanding and appreciation of multivariant testing.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and analytical skills, including the ability to present design concepts clearly and persuasively to colleagues, partners, stakeholders, and senior executives.
- Advantageous but not essential - Bachelors or Masters in User Experience Design, Human Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Experimental Psychology, Cognitive Science or related discipline.
Better Flexibility For You:
All our live jobs champion hybrid working, offering a flexible blend of home and office working with full autonomy to decide how many times you travel into the office each quarter.
Looking for a remote role? Let’s chat – we’re open to discussing remote working for all our live jobs.
We are an inclusive employer and we encourage people from all backgrounds. Flexible working is our way of working! We're a diverse workforce and therefore a 'one size fits all' approach isn't necessarily best. Whatever your personal needs may be, let's have a chat and see how we can accommodate them.
Other jobs you may be interested in
Designer - Bags & Accessories
Closing 20 July 2022
- ASOS plc
Researcher in User Experience Design
Closing 23 July 2022
Closing 23 July 2022
Want more Head of Product Design jobs?
Want to find more Design Manager jobs, Product Designer jobs, App Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Web Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.