Head of Internal Communications (Mat cover - 6 months)
Reach plc is looking to recruit an experienced Internal Communications expert to join us for an initial 6 months maternity cover, to act as our Head of Internal Communications. At a time when ‘normal’ ways of working have drastically changed in recent months, internal communications and employee experience has never been so important and valued. As our Head of Internal Communications, you will provide strategic direction and leadership to help to continue to support Reach’s business goals, and employee interaction.
You will be a confident communications expert, who has experience of working within a company of a similar size previously and can effectively connect, engage and motivate our brilliant workforce across the country. You will be a someone who is always seeking to learn, challenge and embrace change and have the ability to ‘bring the outside in’, by learning from external sources and organisations and sharing within Reach.
This position will be home based.
So who are we?
Hello, we are Reach! You might not have heard of us but we have probably met without you even realising it. We are home to the UK and Ireland’s most iconic digital platforms, magazines and newspapers. From the Mirror, Daily Express and OK!, to our regional titles such as the Liverpool Echo, BirminghamLive and the Manchester Evening News (plus lots more), our brands and the stories we cover are as varied as our people.
We help all kinds of people share experiences through our stories because we believe this is what makes us human. Oh, and we should probably also mention that with a monthly readership of 47 million people, Reach is the largest commercial publisher in the UK. At Reach, not only will you feel better understood, you will also feel you understand other people better too.
What will the role involve?
- You will develop, oversee and execute Reach’s internal communication strategy, to support our strategic goals and people priorities.
- Help our people leaders communicate in ways that inspire, motivate and connect our 5000 colleagues with our vision and purpose, and help people feel part of the Reach family.
- Develop co-ordinated, effective and measured communication messages and.
- campaigns to inspire our colleagues to deliver on our strategic goals.
- Plan and manage our annual internal communications calendar.
- Act as a strategic advisor to the HRLT and the group leadership team on communication issues and those that impact and influence reputation and employee experience.
- Work with HR leads to drive successful execution of projects that form major parts of the employee experience, including providing strategic counsel and supporting impactful communications.
- Working flexibly to lend expertise in line with changing business needs.
The Ideal Candidate:
Who are we looking for?
- You will experience in a senior internal communications leadership role, with proven success in developing and executing impactful internal communications strategies and plans.
- You will be able to demonstrate a track record of working with and influencing senior stakeholders.
- Excellent writing skills, including the ability to tailor to the audience and to adapt brand tone/style.
- Brilliant stakeholder management skills, with the ability to influence, and gain people’s confidence and buy-in.
- Creative eye and knowledge of brand, marketing and EVP strategies.
- Demonstrable commitment to continuous improvement with a high degree of initiative.
We are offering a competitive salary and benefits including;
- 25 days holiday per annum.
- Contributory pension scheme.
- Lots of high street discounts!
Reach plc believes diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
Junior Social Media Manager
Closing 22 October 2020
- Harvey Nichols
Communications Officer (Social Media & Digital)
Closing 9 December 2020
- RELX Group
Want more Head of Internal Communications (Mat cover - 6 months) jobs?
Want to find more Digital Strategists jobs, Communications Executive jobs, Communications Manager jobs, Marketing Executive jobs, Marketing Manager jobs, Strategy Manager jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.