Head of Digital Publishing - SkyThis job listing has expired
Sky is Europe's leading entertainment company and serves 22 million customers across five countries. Our business in the UK and Ireland has come a long way since starting out as a satellite broadcaster in 1989 and we’re not stopping there. We’re home to award-winning teams for everything from Customer Service to Marketing, from Technology to Finance, meaning there’s plenty of opportunity for you, no matter what your career goals.
Over the last 25 years Sky Sports has had a major impact on the way Sport is covered across all platforms. We were the first to use pioneering new techniques such as HD, interactivity, steady-cam and super slo-mo on TV and are the number 1 destination for sports fans in the UK. We can continuously look to expand the quantity, quality, depth and variety of top-class live sport and coverage across all of our platforms. And through our experts and support programmes, we’ve brought a new level of commentary and analysis to enhance understanding and enjoyment of sport.
As a valued employee of Sky, you’ll benefit from a free SkyQ premium package, an excellent pension scheme, private health care and a share save scheme. There’s a range of other benefits to help you make valuable tax and national insurance savings too.
The role of the Head of Digital Publishing is to lead the digital content strategy across Sky Sports and head up Sky Sports digital journalism operation.
The role requires collaboration with multiple areas of Sky Sports (Sky Sports News, Sports production teams) and the wider business to ensure we are producing aligned and consistent services that showcase the best of Sky Sports and supports specific business KPI’s.
Reporting to the Director of Content and Production this is a key role that will ensure Sky Sports remains the destination of choice for sports fans, delivers value to Sky customers and develops revenue opportunities.
The position is responsible for all content published across Sky Sports owned and operated digital platforms and Sky Sports’ third-party social media channels.
Key Responsibilities Leadership
Leadership is key to the role, managing your teams you will be responsible for
- Encourage diversity of skills, experience and culture and see it as a business opportunity
- Ensure everyone in your team has clear objectives and targets aligned to the Sky Sport vision and are held accountable for their delivery
- Influence the behaviour of others by leading by example and demonstrating our Values and the Sky Leadership Behaviours
- Maximise the engagement of your team by ensuring the People Survey scores are always cascaded, action plans created and delivered.
- Continually strive to raise the bar by creating a culture of regular constructive feedback (positive and negative), building a fair and consistent performance and development culture across the department
- Drive an environment where people are treated with integrity and respect, people feel their loyalty and contribution is recognised and valued, and where flexibility & innovation is encouraged
- Embrace and drive through continuous change and improvement
- Responsibility for maintaining Sky Sports as the no1 commercial digital network in Europe and delivering a world-class mobile service for sports fans
- Develop and deliver content plans that showcase the best of Sky Sports. Use all available digital channels to deliver compelling and innovative services that grow our user base and creates more value for Sky Sports Customers
- Liaising with Sky Sports News to ensure an aligned news agenda and output consistent with the highest journalistic principles and standards.
- Liaising with core sports production teams to ensure our event coverage is aligned across our digital platforms and we are maximizing the digital channels to support and improve live viewership (across platforms and devices).
- Maximising our exclusive content to ensure our premium sports services continues to deliver value to Sky Sports subscribers and create new revenue opportunities
- Uphold highest standards of journalism
- Keep abreast of media law, Ofcom and issues around piracy and how they impact on our digital services
- Build and maintain relationships with wider stakeholders: Marketing, Strategy, Sky Media, Sky Bet, At The Races, CHOPs to ensure we deliver revenue and acquisition KPIs
- Ensure that lines of communication within and across departments are clear and workable
Product Development and technology
- Work closely with Director of Digital Sports & News and Head of Technology to feed into the product development roadmap to make sure we maintain our market leading position within Digital Media
- Ensure all content is fit for specific platforms and meets the needs of the product development team.
- Work with the design and development teams to ensure all editorial requirements
- Forecast and assist in the production of the yearly operating budget.
- Work within financial limits and take responsibility for the budget issued
- Strong communicator used to working with multi-disciplined rostered team working in 24 x 7 production environments
- Confidence to challenge, disrupt and take calculated risks
- Excellent Journalistic credentials and NCTJ Qualified.
- Minimum 5 years newsroom experience and experience manging editorial and production teams
- Experience of working to tight deadlines in a fast-paced newsroom environment
If you’re ready to work in a dynamic environment alongside talented people who take pride in delivering great results, apply today
Happy to talk flexible working
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
If you are successful in your application for this role, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your Criminal Record Check.
Believe in better
Sorry this job has been removed from Creativepool
Copy and Content Producer for leading charity
Closing 13 July 2018
- National Fostering Agency
- £33 p/a
Creative Manager National Charity
Closing 3 July 2018
- National Deaf Children’s Society
Want more Head of Digital Publishing - Sky jobs?
Want to find more Head of Digital jobs, Production Manager jobs, Executive Producer jobs, Head of Content jobs, Head of Production jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.