Head of Design
We are looking for a talented and super organised Head of Design to join our highly productive in-house team for a 12 month maternity cover contract. You’ll have a minimum of 8 years experience, preferably in the beauty or fashion sector, and significant exposure to branding, packaging and digital and print campaign collateral.
You will be a great manager, mentor and conceptual designer, who thrives in a fast-paced environment. You’ll have a great eye for typography and a thorough understanding of Adobe CC InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop. You will manage a team of designers and ensure that they’re thoroughly briefed on assigned projects, so that goals are achieved on a timely basis, and within established budgets. In addition, you will also manage your own projects from conception through to completion.
Reporting into the Director of Design, you will help to develop creative concepts and design ideation for marketing campaigns, brand collateral, as well as the delivery of some technical artworks. You will be an expert in print and digital, with some experience in art direction, and be confident in presenting your ideas, whilst keeping up-to-date with current beauty and fashion trends.
- Design ideation and concept development of all projects
- Manages own projects conception through to completion
- Present design evolution and ideation of projects with Director of Design and Art Director
- Ensuring a high standard of visual execution across all media and campaigns
- Work and communicate directly with internal departments
- Communicate needs and production requirements to our Retouchers and Art Director
- Communicate and discuss copy direction and ideas with Copy and Marketing Teams
- Mentor and manage Graphic Designers
- Continue developing design and strategic skills
- Inspiring and motivating to be creatively progressive, through the application of fresh and inventive visual work
- Hands on approach, actively part of the design process
- Participate in the design review and production meetings
- Participate in regular one-on-one meetings and keep manager up to date
- Be a reliable, responsible member of the team
- Set a good example to junior team members
- Good understanding of different media, design programs, print and web
- Keep up-to-date on current art, design and fashion
- BA in graphic design of the Arts from a reputable design school
- 8+ years experience in the graphic design field
- Computer skills: InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
- Experienced and highly creative designer
- Excellent typography/design skills
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Competitive Salary Offering
- MediCare cash plan
- Birthday Day off
- Summer Fridays
- Matched Pension Plan
- Amazing Magic Discount on trinkets and treasures
Want more Head of Design jobs?
Want to find more Branding Designer jobs, Design Director jobs, Design Manager jobs, Graphic Designer jobs, Digital Design Director jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Packaging Artworker jobs, Packaging Designer jobs, Print Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.