Head of DesignThis job listing has expired
Octopus Group is a 60-strong integrated communications agency based in Farringdon. Technology, and everything related to it, is our big passion. Our plan over the next few years is to become known as a category-defining integrated agency for technology brands.
We have our own approach and philosophy called Brand to Sales, which is about helping our clients link reputation to commercial sales success quickly. It works. We measure our success in the campaigns we run for global market leaders like Vodafone, Blackberry and Visa and super-growth companies like BlueJeans, Okta and Pindrop.
In our own industry, we’re getting known for being an Agency of the Future. People are talking about us, the phone is ringing, new clients are coming on board, we’re growing at record pace and more importantly for you, we’re hiring.
We have a unique family feel here where energy, enthusiasm, teamwork and a hunger to succeed are all mixed with a common purpose and a big safety net. The Drum ranks us as a Top 100 independent agency, and we have been voted one of the best places to work by PR Week in 2017.
Our future is an exciting one and we are looking for a range of talented stars to join us on the adventure.
We’re looking for a very talented Head of Design to lead our creative team at Octopus Group. The role will work closely with the Head of Copy and Head of Digital and report to the Creative Director. The Head of Design is responsible for developing and managing all aspects of our design and creative output. It's a leadership role, with accountability for online and offline design output and commercial success of the design department. You will ensure design deliverables are aligned to client expectations and exceptionally executed within budget and timescales. It also involves working with internal and external clients, pitching designs, and understanding client needs. At times, we require you to develop visual designs, and at other times, be responsible for recruiting and managing multi-disciplinary third-party suppliers as well as internal design resources. It will involve you using your best practice toolkit to implement new processes and practices to improve efficiency of the design and creative department.
- Managing the design team and freelancers as required and helping develop our people
- Influencing design led thinking across the agency and be an advocate of design best practices
- Lead concept development in relation to design and creative outputs
- Take a lead role in managing the design elements of projects and be point of contact for clients brand and creative projects
- Develop creative programs and design concepts that meet the business objectives of the organisation and that advance our brand and proposition strategy
- Commercial accountability through accurate scoping and quoting of work
- Work with the Studio Manager to develop and manage productivity and to continuously improve the design team’s production capabilities
- Ensuring that design projects are delivered on time and to budget ensuring commercial success
- Work with internal teams to generate ideas for pitching and proposals
- Provide quality control over design outputs and production
- Working with other team members to deliver projects and activity to deliver against deadlines
- Communicating with our audience, positioning of Octopus Group’s design and creative capability
- Point of contact for liaising with external suppliers, such as printers and photographers
Skills and competencies
- Excellent organisational and communication skills and the ability to manage multiple projects
- Intimate understanding of layout, graphic design principles, typography and branding
- Intimate understanding of UX best practice
- The ability to storyboard or translate ideas to designers and others, influencing external and internal stakeholders
- Attention to detail
- A strong working knowledge of online and offline design, brand development and the creative process
- Ability to lead design projects from concept to completion
- Ability to supervise and develop employees
- Expertise within the Adobe CC Suite including Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing Experience
- Previous experience in an agency environment is essential
- At least eight to ten years’ experience in a senior designer role including concept development and client contact
- Proven track record in creating excellent brand and design work from concept to production
Hours - Full time
Salary - Based on experience.
Sorry this job has been removed from Creativepool
User Experience (UX) Designer - BBC
Closing 19 May 2018
Junior Designer - Impact
Closing 19 May 2018
Want more Head of Design jobs?
Want to find more Art Director jobs, Creative jobs, Creative Team jobs, Branding Designer jobs, Design Director jobs, Graphic Designer jobs, Digital Creative Team jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Digital Director jobs, Visualiser - Digital jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.