Head of Design
Title: Head of Design
Job Type: Full-time
We are looking for a creative Head of Design to strengthen our visual brand identity and lead the development of our digital, print, video production and lifestyle photography. As a strategic creative leader, you will have experience leading and developing a creative team and managing the full cycle production process. Your portfolio will showcase your exceptional creative flair and attention for detail.
- Create and develop digital and print designs that follow business, brand and user best practices, including the design and production of site layouts, interactive design.
- Provide strategic thinking and leadership.
- Strong understanding of branding across the marketing channels
- Stay abreast of UX trends and look for creative ideas and inspiration in parallel analogous worlds.
- Creating offline print work, including brochures and other promotional material
- Organising/directing lifestyle photo shoots
- Manage an internal team of 3 Designers and 3 photographers and re-touchers.
- Work closely with all stakeholders and leading creative ideas and executions for content campaigns
- Work closely with the Marketing team in order to create specific campaign concepts
- Develop conceptual and stylistic direction for a variety of content & creative campaigns
- Work with the internal Development team and outside vendors on website and interactive page builds across multiple devices, for UK & international markets
- Carry out ad-hoc duties within art department/editorial when required.
- Creative KPI’s for the department and team members
Experience you will need to have:
- 4+ years industry experience in digital graphic design within an ecommerce environment.
- Strong graphic design skills, with a good understanding of typography, intuitive layouts and latest trends.
- Excellent understanding of user-experience design for the web & mobile, e-commerce trends
- Demonstrable design skills, and ability to show relevant work.
- Proven ability to deliver high-quality designs for the brands.
- Knowledge of digital trends, online media, social networks and digital editions as well as a solid knowledge of print work
- Solid understanding of digital design including UI/ UX, and an interest in inventing new experiences for all devices
- A team player who can easily adapt in a rapidly changing environment.
- Strong time management, people management and multitasking abilities within tight deadlines.
- Passion for furniture and interior design is essential.
- Clear communication skills, with excellent written (and spoken) English a must.
- An advanced level of proficiency in Keynote, PhotoShop, Illustrator, InDesign, After Effects and Premiere Pro/ Final Cut
- Technical aptitude and a familiarity with HTML and CSS
- A proven understanding of technical builds, including scope and budget
- A proven understanding of print techniques
- A proven understanding of life style photography direction
- Experience in Analytic tools to optimise the websites
- A keen interest in digital marketing and furniture design
- Excellent eye for detail
What we offer:
- A great work environment, based in our split-level office south of the River Thames.
- Easy commute. Just minutes from Stockwell (Victoria & Northern line) and Clapham North (northern line) tube. Close to Clapham Junction and Wandsworth Road station’s.
- Perkbox membership, coffee machine, pool table table, massage chair to mention a few.
- Company pension Scheme
- Pool table
- Friday 4pm drinks
Mid-weight Designer (Graphic Designer with pack expertise) for Butterfly London
Closing 1 January 2019
- Butterfly London
- Based On Experience
Design Director for Red Bee
Closing 15 December 2018
- Red Bee Creative
- Depending on experience
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.