Head of Design for Octopus LabsThis job listing has expired
Octopus is a fast-growing company with more than 650 employees. Since we launched in 2000, we’ve established market leading positions across financial services, healthcare and energy.
The Octopus Group incorporates Octopus Energy, Octopus Healthcare, Octopus Investments, Octopus Property, Octopus Ventures and Octopus Labs. Octopus Labs is the fintech innovation unit of the Octopus Group. We fuse track record and technology, expertise and UX, to build financial products the way they should be: trustworthy, rewarding and easy-to-use.
One-of-a-kind opportunity to lead the Octopus Design Team and shape the online presence and digital experience for our 100k customers.
We have a team of Service Designers, UX designers and UI designers, all digital natives, who are helping turn Octopus into the leading tech-enabled financial services company in the UK. We run design sprints and hold Design Thinking workshops throughout the business.
The ambitious team wants to define the definitive visual language through which FinTech is communicated, not just for Octopus, but for all Financial Services.
Our design team work closely with Product Managers, who run SCRUM development teams to deliver constant changes and improvements across all our platforms.
As Head of Design, you will be responsible for:
- Defining the design language for our entire digital estate.
- Creating incredible customer experiences.
- Inspiring the design team, and company, with a great vision.
- Hiring, managing and retaining great designers.
- Managing, and optimizing, the internal workflow within the team.
- Maintaining a culture of innovation and experimentation within the design team.
- Putting Octopus on the map as "one to follow" for UX and UI innovation.
- Lead by example, do some UI design work yourself.
- You are a digital native.
- You have extensive experience with Service Design, UX Research, UX Design.
- You've been a UI designer, and have a great sense of aesthetics.
- You've previously managed teams of designers.
- You have extensive web and mobile experience.
- You're doer, and lead by doing.
- You like to roll your sleeves up and get stuff done.
- You follow trends, but are not slave to them.
- You're humble, and surround yourself by people better than you.
- User testing and A/B testing is integral to all your work.
- You dream about user flows.
- Flexible working hours.
- Exceptionally diverse/multinational team.
- Salary (tell us what you are worth) + benefits.
- Relaxed, creative environment.
- Stunning office.
This position requires you to work from our offices in Central London. However we do offer flexible working hours and have a work-from-home policy.
Apply with your CV & Covering Letter.
Sorry this job has been removed from Creativepool
Designer - Argos
Closing 6 July 2018
- Milton Keynes
Senior Graphic Designer - Maternity Cover - Jack Wills
Closing 17 July 2018
- JACK WILLS
- perm, temp, temp to perm
Want more Head of Design jobs?
Want to find more Sector Head jobs, Design Director jobs, Digital Design Director jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Head of Digital jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.