Head of Design, Amazon Fashion
Private Brands is a highly visible, fast-growing business within Amazon. We have a unique business and obsess over quality and building global brands our customers love. We aspire to be part of our customers’ everyday lives by offering them unique products at compelling prices backed by Amazon’s strong customer obsessed reputation. Amazon is searching for a Design leader to grow its burgeoning Softlines Private Brands into a worldwide billion dollar business within the Clothing market.
Overview: As Head of Design at Amazon Private Label you will be based within the Buying Office at our Head Office in London, working closely with Head of Assortment, Head of Department, Designers and Buyers in creating the collection and setting clear goal’s in line with the Amazon Fashion design aesthetics’. You will drive and build the assortment, be responsible for the collection in all channels for all brands to lead your team.
- Be part of defining the design vision for the brands Womenswear/Menswear/Shoes/Lingerie and Athleisure and the seasonal directions for Private label.
- Lead the SPB Design team.
- Demonstrate the ability to leverage technology and use new approaches to design that support fast growth.
- Embrace the power of data, and think innovatively about how to incorporate in the design process.
- Own all aspects of the visual identity of the brands – product, fit, imagery.
- Have a deep and passionate understanding of the customer for the different private brands.
- Drive the collection that caters for all Private label customer groups and the balance between high fashion and commerciality within the assortment. Find new opportunities for growth and support the buying team in delivering their targets.
- Demonstrate a very high level of awareness of current trends and use this knowledge to guide and support your design team.
- Use your wide technical knowledge and strong 3-dimensional sense in creating the collections.
- Demonstrate a very strong sensitivity to fabrication and colour.
- Demonstrate a very strong design identity.
- Present and keep our organization updated and informed regarding seasonal directions, beliefs and products, doing this continuously throughout the season.
- Continuously review the assortment and act as appropriate to ensure selling and profitability.
- -Actively collaborate with the Marketing and Creative team to achieve the best outcome for campaigns and future looks for the Private brands.
- Working together with the Press team to represent the brands in different European Locations.
- Certifiable textile/design qualification with a focus on the specific product area (womenswear).
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as a Head of Design.
- The ability to work well in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
- Flexible to travel.
English, Full professional proficiency. Other languages would be beneficial.
How you will do it:
- Always act with trust and integrity.
- Lead by example and be a role model for our values.
- Proactively work towards business goals.
- Communicate in a clear way to colleagues and business partners.
- Take ownership for your own learning and development.
- Strive to work in a sustainable way.
-Great organizing skills and planning ahead.
Head of Design/Lead Designer
Closing 7 September 2019
- £59,000 to 71,000 p/a
Senior Design Director, Spotify Premium
Closing 19 September 2019
Want more Head of Design, Amazon Fashion jobs?
Want to find more Design Director jobs, Director of Interior Design jobs, Digital Design Director jobs, Digital Director jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.