Head of Creative
Head of Creative:
Here at London Marathon Events we live our values - Excellence, Inspiration, Together, Integrity and FUN. We strive to demonstrate these values in everything we do and in every aspect of the world class events that we organise. These include; The Vitality Big Half, Vitality Westminster Mile, Vitality London 10,000, Standard Chartered Great City Race, Prudential RideLondon and Children with Cancer UK Swim Serpentine, and, of course, the Virgin Money London Marathon the world’s greatest marathon. These events generate many millions every year for charities to improve the lives of individuals in the UK and further afield. Our vision is inspiring activity and we passionately believe in sport for all and sport as a force for good. Wellbeing is at the heart of our culture, including a run club where staff from an ex-Olympian too complete novices enjoy the famous weekly Handicap run.
So, if you’re ready to be part of one of the greatest mass participation events in the world, keep reading.
We’re looking for someone to lead and develop our creative team. You’ll have a great eye for modern, beautiful design and a track record of delivering successful campaigns and brand messaging.
You will be an experienced team leader with the ability to plan strategically and consider the bigger picture while still being involved in the day to day.
The Head of Creative is responsible for developing and managing all aspects of our design and creative output. It is a leadership role, with accountability for offline and online design output of the creative team. You will ensure that all creative output is aligned to internal and external client expectations and implemented within budget and timescales.
At times, we will require you to develop visual designs, and at other times, be responsible for commissioning and managing third-party suppliers as well as the internal design resource.
The role will involve you using your best practice toolkit to implement new processes and practices to improve the efficiency of the creative team and to further develop the design workflow to deal with increasing demand for design resource.
- Manage the design team and freelancers as required and help develop our people.
- Lead concept development in relation to design and creative outputs.
- Take the lead in managing the design and creative elements of projects and be point of contact on creative projects – this will include both creating briefs and responding to briefs.
- Develop a creative programme and design concepts that meet the objectives of the organisation.
- Influence design led thinking across the business.
- Develop and manage productivity to continuously improve the design team’s production capabilities.
- Ensure that design and creative projects are delivered on time and to budget.
- Work with the wider marketing and communications department to generate ideas for pitching and proposals.
- Provide quality control over design outputs and production.
- Establish and develop best practice with the creative team.
Skills and Experience:
- Proven experience in leading design projects from concept to completion and in designing effective marketing communication.
- A thorough understanding of Adobe Creative Cloud applications as well other productivity software.
- A strong working knowledge of online and offline design, brand development and the creative process.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organisation skills and the ability to manage multiple projects.
- Knowledge of graphic design fundamentals, typography and boundaries between online and offline design work.
- The ability to storyboard or translate ideas to designers and others, influencing external and internal stakeholders.
- Ability to supervise and develop employees with a strong aptitude for coaching and mentoring.
What do we have on offer?
- Competitive salary.
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays.
- Office closure days.
- Wellbeing allowance per year to spend on your long term physical or mental wellbeing.
- Company Healthcare through Vitality.
- On site bike storage and showers.
- Involvement in behind the scenes on event days.
- Free New Balance Kit.
- 8% Company contribution pension scheme.
- Company bonus scheme.
At London Marathon Events we’re an equal opportunities employer who values diversity and we’re committed to creating a supportive and inclusive environment for all. Our decisions respect all people regardless of gender, ethnicity, nationality, religion, disability, sexual orientation, age, social or political belief or world view.
Senior Resource Manager - Sky Creative Agency
Closing 27 September 2019
- Sky Creative Agency
Topshop Topman Creative Projects Manager - Maternity Cover
Closing 29 September 2019
Want more Head of Creative jobs?
Want to find more Chief Creative Officer jobs, Creative jobs, Creative Director jobs, Executive Creative Director jobs, Digital Creative Director jobs, Digital Creative Services Director jobs, Creative Services Director jobs, Publishing Creative Director jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.