Head of Creative
Role: Head of Creative.
Reports to: Head of Digital.
Responsible for: Creative Team.
Department: Marketing and Communications.
We’re looking for someone to lead and develop our creative team. You’ll have a great eye for modern, beautiful design and a track record of delivering successful campaigns and brand messaging.
You will be an experienced team leader with the ability to plan strategically and consider the bigger picture while still being involved in the day to day.
The Head of Creative is responsible for developing and managing all aspects of our design and creative output. It is a leadership role, with accountability for offline and online design output of the creative team. You will ensure that all creative output is aligned to internal and external client expectations and implemented within budget and timescales.
At times, we will require you to develop visual designs, and at other times, be responsible for commissioning and managing third-party suppliers as well as the internal design resource.
The role will involve you using your best practice toolkit to implement new processes and practices to improve the efficiency of the creative team and to further develop the design workflow to deal with increasing demand for design resource.
- Manage the design team and freelancers as required and help develop our people.
- Lead concept development in relation to design and creative outputs.
- Take the lead in managing the design and creative elements of projects and be point of contact on creative projects - this will include both creating briefs and responding to briefs.
- Develop a creative programme and design concepts that meet the objectives of the organisation.
- Influence design led thinking across the business.
- Develop and manage productivity to continuously improve the design team’s production capabilities .
- Ensure that design and creative projects are delivered on time and to budget.
- Work with the wider marketing and communications department to generate ideas for pitching and proposals.
- Provide quality control over design outputs and production.
- Establish and develop best practice with the creative team.
Skills and Experience:
- Proven experience in leading design projects from concept to completion and in designing effective marketing communication.
- A thorough understanding of Adobe Creative Cloud applications as well other productivity software.
- A strong working knowledge of online and offline design, brand development and the creative process.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organisation skills and the ability to manage multiple projects.
- Knowledge of graphic design fundamentals, typography and boundaries between online and offline design work.
- The ability to storyboard or translate ideas to designers and others, influencing external and internal stakeholders.
- Ability to supervise and develop employees with a strong aptitude for coaching and mentoring.
Why London Marathon Events:
- Get involved behind the scenes on event days.
- Weekly running club.
- Strong company culture and values.
- Three-day staff conference and regular staff socials.
- Free New Balance kit.
- Office bike storage and showers.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We particularly welcome applications from BAME applicants to address underrepresentation in our workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital or disability status.
The information collected during our recruitment process is only used for monitoring purposes in an anonymised format to assist us in analysing the profile and make up of individuals who apply, are shortlisted for and appointed to each vacancy. In this way, we can check we are complying with the Equality Act 2010 and with our own Equality policy.
Ad Creative Executive (Manchester)
Closing 25 July 2019
- Channel 4
Global Creative Copywriter (French Belgium)
Closing 13 August 2019
Want more Head of Creative jobs?
Want to find more Chief Creative Officer jobs, Creative jobs, Creative Team jobs, Digital Creative Team jobs, Creative Services Executive jobs, Creative Services Manager jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.