Head of Creative Services
Frontier are the studio behind Jurassic World Evolution, Elite Dangerous and Planet Coaster and Planet Zoo. We are Britain’s biggest independent publisher and developer of videogames, based among the world-leading technology cluster in the historic city of Cambridge, England.
The Head of Creative Services defines the public face of Frontier and our fantastic games as they come to market. Working in harmony with the Directors of Publishing and Commercial, they will oversee key marketing campaigns ensuring content deliveries that are world class in terms of quality and message. This is a new role in the studio with the opportunity to work on campaigns for our current titles as well as exciting future releases such as the Formula 1 and Warhammer IPs.
Frontier’s horizons are expanding and the Head of Creative Services will be crucial to that expansion through planning and managing the growth of the Creative Services. We have a strong profile as an established global games developer and publisher and with our future release roadmap, there has never been a better time to be at the helm of such a key team. Come and see what else we have planned.
- Partner with Director of Publishing to ensure a unified, overarching direction and strategy for all content.
- Work proactively and positively with executives to maintain and improve company branding into the future, supporting both internal and external communication.
- Maintain open and collaborative relationships with dev teams, enabling a smooth process of content creation and managing aspirations with available features.
Origination and Creative:
- Develop and marshal the high-level vision of promotional campaigns for all Frontier’s products, delivering world-class quality and maximum impact
- Work closely with Creative Services senior production to ensure delivery of this vision is achievable, identifying the best means of execution i.e. internal artists, dev team capture, external vendors or a combination of these.
- Expertly evangelise verbally and visually the tone, action and visual messaging of upcoming key assets and campaigns to all stakeholders including the executive team.
Direction and Guidance:
- Provide initial direction and ongoing feedback on key release assets, while empowering appraisal skills and experience within team to provide feedback on less crucial assets such as screenshots or supporting artwork.
- Direct and, if necessary, get hands-on with the creation of brand bibles to educate internal teams and external vendors on each of our projects.
- Guide team members through the creative briefing process, ensuring bottlenecks do not occur.
- Identify and utilise the expertise and skillsets within the team, ensuring the right people are on the right jobs.
- Plan team growth, development and recruitment needs through identifying gaps in capacity and/or skillset to meet the company roadmap.
- Identify and run effective due-diligence with potential vendors for key art and render services.
- Maintain an engaged, positive, professional and approachable team.
- Games industry experience in a creative role with at least one release taken from concept to release.
- Previous experience working at Lead level within a similar Publishing or Creative team.
- Art or animation background with proven practical skillset in developing ideas and providing good, clear direction on all content.
- Experience managing a creative team, including individual career development and long term resourcing strategies.
- Experience of branding and planning booths and themed spaces for events and expos.
- Ability to build relationships and collaborate with cross-functional teams.
- An open and collaborative approach, able to clearly share ideas and bring the team on the journey from concept to production.
What we can offer you:
At Frontier we believe your work should be rewarding in every way. We offer the chance to work on blockbuster franchises and world-leading IP in a studio environment considered one of the best places to work in the UK.
We also offer a range of flexible benefits to our 500+ team, including life assurance, private family healthcare, pension, flexitime working hours, enhanced maternity/paternity package, in-house catering, support with relocation, a Cycle to Work scheme and free bike servicing, regular in-house wellbeing sessions, regular social events, and annual bonus and sharesave schemes for everyone to share in the studio’s success.
We welcome and encourage applications from qualified candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.
Want more Head of Creative Services jobs?
Want to find more Digital Campaign Manager jobs, Digital Marketing Manager jobs, Planner jobs, Digital Creative Services Manager jobs, Communications Manager jobs, Creative Services Manager jobs, Marketing Manager jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.