Head of Creative Operations
It's been an incredible couple of years for William Hill. In this time we've established a fantastic internal creative agency- WH Studios from a team of skilled creatives within our Leeds office. We've also built a portfolio of varied, exciting and engaging work, for some of the biggest events in the sporting calendar, as well as major online gaming and brand-focused campaigns.
The next step in the team's development is to add a strong operational role to the team. This completes the agency style set up and gives us the capability to manage everything from our Creative Hub based in the heart of Leeds City centre.
We make a huge investment in everyone, offering great career development opportunities. Our people are at the heart of everything we do and we offer a fast-paced environment where we have fun, celebrate success and give you all the tools you’ll need to be your best self. It’s not just our colleagues we look after – we’ve got a responsibility to our customers too and we work hard on our ambition that nobody is harmed by gambling.
Your role in the team:
We’re looking for a Head of Operations to join our in house creative agency- William Hill Studios. They will be responsible for the overall creative operational output of the department. We’re looking for a strong operational team manager with excellent organisational and communication skills.
This is an exciting and varied role that requires a pro-active and capable individual who thrives in a fast paced and dynamic environment but can remain calm under pressure. You will have good leadership skills, be able to enforce and influence deadlines, yet understand when there can be flexibility and command respect from others across the business.
The Head of Ops is responsible for all operational areas of the department and project workflow, timelines, budgets and asset creation for 360 marketing campaigns for William Hill.
- Oversee project production and creative operations, including workflow, timelines and budgets for an internal creative marketing team.
- Hands on project management of print/digital/broadcast campaigns.
- Planning for short and long terms creative requirements.
- Create schedules, run ops reports, determine resources, estimate time and project completion requirements; obtain necessary approvals and communicate plans to relevant stakeholders.
- Ensure department establishes and maintains appropriate processes, procedures, forms and job tracking to keep deliverables on time and on budget.
- Anticipate and effectively mitigate problems; and consistently communicate to stakeholders about updates on progress, relevant delays or issues, and budget implications.
- Work collaboratively and proactively with various internal teams at all levels to assess campaign requirements.
- Own the teams briefing system and workflow tool (JIRA), producing monthly reports and refining its functionality.
- Provide daily leadership and direction to the creative team to establish project priorities and communicate milestones.
- Digital Asset Management.
- Budget and finance Management.
- Project Management.
- Managing direct reports and an extended team spanning two continents.
Skills and Attributes:
- Extensive relevant experience at a creative agency or in-house in a similar role.
- A passionate and dedicated leader, a positive and collaborative team player, with the self-confidence, and motivation to succeed.
- Detailed knowledge of workflow within a print / digital creative department.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite.
- Experience with creative department briefing, workflow and/or project management software.
- Budget management and knowledge of reporting software would be beneficial.
- Expert organisational skills and the ability to prioritise, monitor and manage workload.
- Ability to deal with a variety of creative personalities.
- Ready to jump into any situation, assess and take control.
- Print production knowledge, project scoping and vendor management required.
- Manage multiple projects at a time.
- Manage team workflow including inc. freelance resource.
- Excellent communication and people management skills with an attention to detail.
- Ability to delegate tasks while maintaining visibility of project status.
- Ability to maintain control and efficiency in a fast-paced environment and stay calm under pressure.
- A flexible approach to your work and the ability to work as an effective member of a team.
- Confident communication with clients and colleagues when pitching, winning new work and leading projects.
- Helping to develop future work pipeline through client engagement, spotting opportunities and maximising potential.
- Passionate, driven and wanting to invest in the company’s vision and culture.
- An expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, specifically InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Experience of working with digital teams to deliver innovative multi-discipline.
What we offer:
We’ll welcome you on-board with a generous car allowance (or company car), 25 days holiday (not to mention 8 bank holidays and an extra day for your birthday), healthcare (or a cash alternative), an attractive pension package, income protection and life assurance. As an added incentive, we offer a rewarding bonus scheme too. And if you’re a fan of saving money and keeping fit, our handy Metro Card loan and healthy gym discounts will be well received.
Right in the middle of the creative heart of the UK sit both of our Leeds offices. Leeds itself is a buzzy, busy place to work and live. A hub for tech, digital and gaming companies – there’s also five universities right on our doorstep. And away from work, we’re in the heart of the Yorkshire Dales and of course have got a competitive sports scene with Leeds United and Yorkshire Cricket and Rugby just up the road in Headingley.
Programme Communication SME
Closing 27 July 2020
- Sky UK
- perm, remote, temp to perm
Want more Head of Creative Operations jobs?
Want to find more Digital Campaign Director jobs, Digital Campaign Manager jobs, Digital Creative Services Director jobs, Communications Director jobs, Communications Manager jobs, Creative Services Director jobs, Operations Director jobs, Operations Manager jobs, Broadcast Art Director jobs, Broadcast Director jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.