Head of Communications
We’re supporting our clients as they adapt to a new world in the wake of COVID-19. We’re now recruiting for roles which will help our clients to deliver vital services and to resume business wherever possible.
Our world class Government Services team supports our government with some of the most unparalleled set of challenges in our history. We help solve some of today’s challenges using powerful technology across transport, policing, defence, welfare and education. Ultimately, we’re trusted by the MOD (Ministry of Defence) to deliver critical services of national importance. From hiring our future army, to creating a world class fire service equipping them with state of art fire fighting vehicles and the best training at our new Fire Service College; we’re performing at the very highest possible standards.
We care about the safety of people and we’re committed to our UK Armed Forces just as we are to protect everyone – providing a safe and secure environment which all people can live and prosper.
What you’ll be doing:
- Develop and deliver the employee and stakeholder communications strategy and plans in line with the Project Selborne priorities to keep colleagues and key stakeholders informed and engaged.
- Develop and nurture strong relationships with the client to ensure a comprehensive and joined-up approach to communications and satisfaction in deliverable communications services.
- Manage internal communications channels ensuring that employee communications are delivered through the appropriate mix of channels and messages so that content is engaging, consistent, targeted and timely and builds understanding and advocacy for Selborne’s strategy and purpose.
- Planning, writing and producing content for a variety of communications channels from intranet content through to communication cascades and presentations.
- Work with the transformation team to create and deliver informative and engaging campaigns to ensure colleagues buy-in to change.
- Work alongside the Division Head of Communications, consortia partners’ communications teams and Capita’s corporate media team to build a rolling programme of external communications and content, ensuring appropriate share of voice to showcase Selborne and our defence sector’s successes that are aligned to Capita’s overall growth, social purpose and transformation story.
What we’re looking for:
- Solid experience in internal and corporate communication.
- A proven track record of designing and implementing strategic communications plans.
- Demonstrable experience in change communications.
- Experience of managing complex stakeholder relationships.
- Excellent written and presentation communication skills.
- A sound knowledge of internal and external communication best practice – can demonstrate sound creative judgment across a range of channels and methods of delivery.
- Proven track record in the delivery of high-impact communications to help deliver desired business outcomes.
About Capita Government Services:
Capita is a consulting, digital services and software business, delivering innovative solutions and simplifying the connections between businesses and customers, governments and citizens. It comprises 6 divisions and one of those is Government Services which is delivering and transforming technology-enabled business services, including the operation of large, complex contracts. Within Government Services, a key market sector is defence and security.
If selected by the Royal Navy to be prime contractor for Project Selborne, Capita will lead a transformational training programme with the strategic goal of modernising Royal Navy training to deliver “better trained sailors to the front line quicker”. Project Selborne will bring together many legacy contracts and in-house service provision into a single coherent training delivery mechanism, with an initial value of circa £1 billion, for the delivery of Naval Service Training across Royal Navy UK establishments.
Selborne’s focus is to prioritise the quality and improvement of RN individual training outcomes through modernising the approach to training design and delivery through innovative solutions, underpinned by a deep collaborative working to enable operational success for the Royal Navy. As prime contractor for Selborne Capita will lead the ‘Fisher’ industrial consortium in delivering this exciting and challenging major programme over the next 12 years.
What’s in it for you?
- A competitive basic salary
- 10% car allowance.
- 23 days’ holiday (rising to 27) with the opportunity to buy extra leave.
- The opportunity to take a paid day out of the office, volunteering for our charity partners or a cause of your choice.
- Company matched pension, life assurance, a cycle2work scheme, 15 weeks’ fully paid maternity, adoption and shared parental leave, paternity pay of two weeks…and plenty more.
- Voluntary benefits designed to suit your lifestyle – from discounts on retail and socialising, to health & wellbeing, travel and technology.
- Access to our Employee Network Groups, which represent every strand of diversity and allow colleagues to connect and learn from each other on an open, inclusive platform.
You’ll get the chance to follow your chosen career path anywhere in Capita. You’ll be joining a network of 63,000 experienced, innovative and dedicated individuals across multiple disciplines and sectors. There are countless opportunities to learn new skills and develop in your career, and we’ll provide the support you need to do just that. Our purpose includes creating a better outcome for you.
We’re an equal opportunity employer, which means we’ll consider all suitably qualified applicants regardless of gender identity or expression, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, age, sexual orientation, disability status or any other protected characteristic. We recruit and develop our people based on merit and their passion for creating better outcomes, and we’re committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Content Marketing Manager
Closing 13 March 2021
Communications Intern (12 months)
Closing 24 March 2021
- Oracle UK
- perm, remote, temp to perm
Want more Head of Communications jobs?
Want to find more Digital Strategists jobs, Content Director jobs, Content Manager jobs, Communications Director jobs, Communications Manager jobs, Strategy Director jobs, Strategy Manager jobs, Head of Content jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.