Head of Collection - Tel Aviv (London based)
The Plum Guide is building a marketplace of the world’s best vacation homes. For real!
We are taking a systematic and obsessive approach to testing every single home on the planet, accepting only the top 1%. We do so by putting every home through The Plum Test: a gruelling hospitality exam, which uses a mix of algorithms and physical visits by hospitality experts.
We launched three years ago in London. Since then, we have grown at 15-20% month on month, expanded to six cities, vetted over 100,000 homes and are on track to reach over £25M in annualised sales. We are backed by an all-star cast investor group including Local Globe (TransferWise, OneFineStay, Citymapper), Alex Chesterman (Founder of Zoopla), William Reeve (Founder of Love Film), Alex Saint and Troy Collins (Founders of Secret Escapes), Errol Damelin (Founder of Wonga), Jason Goodman (Founder of Albion) and many more. At the end of 2017, we raised a £6M Series A round from world-class VCs Octopus Group and BGF.
We’re launching our global rollout strategy, and need to quickly systematise this machine so we can open a city a month by next year. This is where you come in.
Making our new city launches work is the single most important mission of the next 12 months for The Plum Guide, and the Head of Collection will be the guardian of the Collection in Tel Aviv.
What does success look like? You’ll have hit the ball out of the park if you have:
Onboarded the 1,000 highest quality homes in your city
Merchandised the homes on our website beautifully (photography, copy, design) - driving high booking rates
Achieved an NPS score (guest satisfaction score) in your city in the top 1% of the travel industry
What you’ll be up to
This is a highly entrepreneurial role that will initiative and hard work. To bring it to life, here is what you can expect to be doing:
Obsess over hitting the daily, weekly and monthly targets for new homes - the #1 driver of sales
Oversee the production of the listings (photos, descriptions, area recommendations) and be the final check for quality control
Be the guardian of quality for your city collection: ultimately deciding what passes and doesn’t pass the Plum test
Communicate our expectations and standards to every host who joins the collection and inspire them to deliver hospitality
Deliver feedback to hosts after guest stays to help improve their service. Also decide which homes remain or are removed from the collection
Cultivate the community of hosts in your city, making Plum their favourite platform. Do so through creative communication, meetups and events
Continuously innovate our process: use guest and host feedback to generate new and better ways of doing things. Implement these new processes in your everyday tasks
You don’t necessarily need experience in hospitality, design or curation. The important thing is that you are:
- Super entrepreneurial: You care about getting shit done. And when obstacles inevitably get in the way, you know how to hustle
- A problem solver: no problem is unmanageable for you
- An incredible people’s person: amazing at persuading and inspiring. You are super likeable, enjoy getting to know people and are great at building relationships
- A team-player with leadership skills. You love to train and work with individuals, especially those with a design background
- A taste-maker: Obsessive about design, style, photography and copy. You have a great eye and plenty of confidence in your creative vision
- A sharp eye for detail: you notice the small things. A sub-standard photo or badly written copy, would never get past your inspection
- You have a really good instinctive understanding of what makes good service and hospitality
- You have unreasonably high standards for what is good enough
- An extremely effective communicator (oral and written): able to be persuasive when selling and firm when outlining and enforcing our quality standards
- A confident self-learner: confident at teaching yourself to do things you have never done before on a daily basis
- You fit the Plum brand values and culture, and will leave a great impression on hosts
- A foundational understanding of brands is a plus
- Ability to start soon (ideally end of March or early April but later start dates are possible)
This role involves working closely with hosts and property managers based in Israel so a working proficiency level of Hebrew is an asset.
An unparalleled opportunity to become an expert in start-up scaling - not to mention lots of stories!
If you make your objectives happen, you’ll bolster your startup creds
Genuine influence and control: you will work daily with the management team to shape the strategy and direction of our expansion
Be part of a passionate, friendly and transparent culture: you will be part of discussions on tech, product, brand and global expansion
Competitive salary and an opportunity to get a taste of what it’s like at Plum
Freelance Mid-Senior Technical Copywriter
Closing 19 April 2019
- Gemini People
- £250 to 300 /day
Product Manager - FMCG
Closing 26 March 2019
- Creative Mettle
- £25,000 to 30,000 p/a
Want more Head of Collection - Tel Aviv (London based) jobs?
Want to find more Business Development Director jobs, Business Development Executive jobs, Business Development Manager jobs, Marketing Director jobs, Marketing Executive jobs, Marketing Manager jobs, Sales Director jobs, Sales Executive jobs, Sales Manager jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.