Head of CG
Position at DNEG.
DNEG is one of the leaders in the visual effects industry and we pride ourselves on building close working relationships with filmmakers to deliver excellence on every project we are involved in. We’re excited to offer an opportunity for an experienced VFX professional to join our London team as Head of CG. This is a key role in the studio, managing the Heads of Departments, CG and DFX Supervisors, to ensure all departments and show teams are working effectively to create the highest quality of work on time, on budget, and in a sustainable way.
The Head of CG is a strategic role, supporting the Heads of Departments, CG and DFX Supervisors to design and develop standardised processes for work across all departments while developing and maintaining DNEG quality standards. Working with our Head of Departments and Supervisors, you’ll ensure the right people, tools, technology and workflows are in place to continuously deliver the highest quality of work for our clients. DNEG is a truly international company working with one pipeline and one vision to provide the very best visual effects and managing international communication across departments and shows is key to this role.
This position requires someone with a strategic mind and comfortable implementing strategies to improve operational efficiency on an on-going basis. Working with the direction of the Global Head of CG, you will oversee all shows, define methodology, plan artistic and production technology resources and define the work and requirements to ensure the best team is in place to deliver the work. From time to time, this will require you to resolve conflicts of workflow approach between department teams, focusing on delivering the creative vision of the client. This is all vital to DNEG’s ability to undertake future work so it’s important we find the right person for this position.
Collaborating with the Operations Manager, you will be responsible for people planning, salary budgets and strategies, for all artist departments, to deliver the strategic direction of the company. Jointly with the Operations Manager, you will line manage our DFX Supervisors, CG Supervisors and Heads of Departments and be expected to contribute to probationary reviews, annual appraisals including salary discussions, performance management and succession planning. When required, you will also assist the Talent Acquisition teams with senior level hiring.
- At least 10 years’ experience in the VFX or Feature Animation industry working in large studio pipelines.
- Significant supervision and/or management experience in the VFX industry.
- Proven knowledge of pipeline production techniques.
- Track record of interpreting technical, resource and training requirements to deliver results.
- Ability to understand the needs and demands of a production driven environment.
- Proven experience to work alongside senior management to develop workflow strategies.
- Talent to influence and build strong working relations within an organisation.
- Strong technical understanding.
Nice to Have:
- Experience working across Film VFX, TV VFX, and Feature Animation.
- Previous experience line managing a team of supervisors.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to see the bigger picture and work with a global mindset.
- Ability to bring groups of people together and navigate conflicting priorities.
- Adaptable in a dynamic environment.
- Strategic, collaborative, organised and dynamic.
We are DNEG, one of the world's leading visual effects, animation and stereo conversion companies for feature film and television, with studios in London, Vancouver, Mumbai, Los Angeles, Chennai, Montréal, Chandigarh, Hyderabad and Goa.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.