Group Account Director
At AKQA, we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and applications that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients.
As a team member on the AKQA Client Services department you will influence changes in consumer behaviour through ideas, creativity and the use of interactive media. You will make a difference to digital communications, marketing, advertising and inspire the best global brands.
A champion for product excellence and enduring client relationships, the Group Account Director at AKQA is a highly organized and credible leader. The Group Account Director will nurture and build client relationships founded on shared values and aspirations. Motivated by work that makes a meaningful and sustained impact, the Group Account Director has a passion for our client’s business, industry best practice and state-of-the-art techniques.
As a Group Account Director, you will manage a group of client accounts to the value of around £3m, maintaining projected revenues and margins, whilst focusing on growth. You will be responsible for multiple partners and clients, building relationships with those at a senior level, whilst monitoring the quality of work on an account. You will provide direction to senior members of the department, as well as managing a large client services team.
- Meets and exceeds revenue (£3m-£5m) and profit targets. Meets and exceeds profitability and DSO targets. Forecasting accuracy to within 10%.
- Maintains projected revenue on an account, contributes to new business opportunities.
- Manages margin level to c.50%. Can demonstrate that investment decisions have been well judged.
- Client satisfaction – via post-project /other reviews.
- Positive team satisfaction and team development. Retention and motivation of high-quality account team.
- Reaches personal and team billability and utilisation targets, ensures direct reports are meeting utilisation and billability targets, completing timesheets accurately.
- Builds and maintains a deep and mutually beneficial client relationship with senior, board-level clients. Engages with clients for sale and delivery of projects. Can demonstrate that they've identified and acted on any opportunities to grow the account.
- Develops a deep understanding of client’s business environment and consumers.
- Constantly strives to improve processes and procedures.
- Works successfully with multi-disciplinary teams.
- Develops appropriate metrics to assess team performance and monitors consistently.
Qualities And Experience:
- Extensive account management experience at a leading digital agency, professional services firm or similar organisation.
- Experience leading the pitch process working in partnership with the new business team. Track record of managing a pipeline of at least £3m.
- Excellent understanding of the digital arena and how new developments can be exploited to add value to a client’s business.
- Successful track record of building exceptional client relationships; necessary capability, presence and professionalism to inspire confidence and credibility with clients and colleagues.
- Line management experience, experience of managing a large team.
- Passionate about digital landscape and its impact on society. Is at the forefront of new thinking and engages others through the communication of innovative digital ideas.
- Experience of working with a blue-chip international client.
- Degree or equivalent level qualification.
- Presentation skills, such as presenting to senior colleagues or senior level clients.
- Ability to structure complex strategic ideas into well-ordered and insightful presentations.
- Has decision making ability and skill - provide guidance, analyse situation and provide advice under pressure.
- Ability to discuss knowledgeably, and apply relevantly, the full range of AKQA strategic services offering, including audience insights and research, brand positioning and development, proposition development, user experience design processes, UE testing, CRM, communications planning, and media buying.
- Building strong relationships with colleagues across departments and external collaborators.
- Ability to quickly assess situation and develop plan of action to minimize impact of crisis effectively.
- Ability to prepare a client account plan, identifying opportunities, SWOT analysis, and road map.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Other jobs you may be interested in
Closing 23 January 2022
- Grey London
Closing 25 January 2022
- Critical Mass
Closing 29 January 2022
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.