Position at DNEG.
Groom TDs at DNEG create believable hair, fur, and feather grooms for characters and environments on high-end VFX film projects. You will be a part of our Build department but will be working closely with Creature TDs regarding the requirements for their workflow. You will also work closely with the modelling, rigging and lookdev teams to ensure the best quality work is being produced at all times.
- Proven production experience on high-end VFX feature films.
- Previous experience with proprietary or third-party grooming tools (Yeti, Xgen, Houdini preferred).
- Eye for detail and a strong sense of logic.
- An appreciation of both the aesthetic and technical requirements of the role.
- Willingness to take ownership of your work and debug issues throughout the pipeline.
- Experience meeting deadlines while retaining a high quality of work.
Nice to Have:
- Experience of working under a Unix/Linux systems environment.
- Familiar with common rendering workflows and a scripting background.
- Experience with dynamic hair simulation, and common industry standard solvers (Houdini Carbon, Vellum and NHair).
- Strong appreciation for procedural workflows and previous experience in other related disciplines (FX, CFX, Lookdev).
- Organised, pro-active and a self-starter.
- A team player and clear communicator, and a keenness for collaboration.
- Adaptable and with a willingness to learn new skills and techniques – including proprietary software.
- Calm under pressure and committed to meet production deadlines.
- A positive, can-do attitude.
We are DNEG, one of the world's leading visual effects, animation and stereo conversion companies for feature film and television, with studios in London, Vancouver, Mumbai, Los Angeles, Chennai, Montréal, Chandigarh, Hyderabad and Goa.
Senior Groom Artist
Closing 5 September 2020
- Industrial Light & Magic
Closing 4 August 2020
- Frontier Developments plc
Want more Groom TD jobs?
Want to find more 3D Modeller jobs, Technical Director jobs, CG Modeller jobs, Character Designer jobs, Make-up Artist jobs, Modelling jobs, Shading TD jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.